• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds cutting rates by another 10% today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
    That'd be an extra 5% for the agency then!

As an aside, I'd be interested in hearing how a .NET developer could ever get more than £230 a day these days? In fact £230 would be a payrise at the moment.

I hate IT contracting.
    I am on £522.5 (after the 5% cut)

The question is how a .net Dev in Finance can be at less than 500 squid!!??

Comment

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
      ******* hell...

The bank I contract for has been cutting the rate twice last year. Once by 10% (before I joined), a second time by 5%.
      It was take it or leave it.

When my contract comes to renewal in September I'll to be put back to the rate I've been originally hired.
      It will be take it or leave it.
      Careful not to let the door hit yer @rse on your way out..
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        Careful not to let the door hit yer @rse on your way out..
        Yeah, well I am building up a proper business aside contracting so hopefully that will be my exit door.

Otherwise, I'll indeed have to shut up, smile, say thank you and go back to work

Comment

Today, an increasing number of IB's in the city are seeking salvation in an ever expanding array of chimps.

These chimps are (or were) cheap as chips, clueless and eager to spout whatever crap they think will impress their boss

Senior management seem to believe the previous business model of hiring people who know what they're doing is broken

Ended in tears before, and will again. In the meantime rates will get squeezed

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post
            Today, an increasing number of IB's in the city are seeking salvation in an ever expanding array of chimps.

These chimps are (or were) cheap as chips, clueless and eager to spout whatever crap they think will impress their boss

Senior management seem to believe the previous business model of hiring people who know what they're doing is broken

WHS. The sooner the better.

Comment

Let's hope so!

Froggy, you must be at an investment bank in the city - otherwise it would be £230 a day

Comment

Originally posted by Evil Hangover View Post

Not in Front Office they won't.
                Just got a phone call from a mate who secured a £675/ day contract... in Germany!

Hail to him.

Comment

Originally posted by Le Rosbif View Post
                  Not in Front Office they won't.
                  Just got a phone call from a mate who secured a £675/ day contract... in Germany!
                  Mmmmm....I turned down an interview for a job in germany at a similar rate to take one in LTSB...and here I am a matter of a few weeks later taking a rate cut to low 500s

Note to self...'u r stoopid!!!'

Comment

Only £500/day, you poor soul.
                    Originally posted by MaryPoppins
                    I'd still not breastfeed a nazi
                    Originally posted by vetran
                    Urine is quite nourishing

Comment

any 1 not happy with 15%cut, pm me with details, I am happy to give you 5% & take that job. Want to get out of bench..!!

Comment

Working...
                      X