• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds cutting rates by another 10% today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lloyds cutting rates by another 10% today

Lloyds Banking Group (aka HBOS, Halifax plc etc) will be cutting IT contractor rates across the board by another 10%.

Communication will be posted tomorrow to all agencies. I understand it's another accept or leave ultimatum.

This follows on from a similar 10% blanket cut approx 12 months ago.

Last edited by Soled73; 18 June 2009, 23:53.

Bugger...I'll have to tell the mrs that she can't have that new bathroom that I promised her although it won't of course impact on the new tv that I promised myself...

Comment

So let "All" contarctors say OK lets split the cut 50/50 with the agency or are we gonna turn the other cheek and accept the punch as usual????

The agency will be on exactly the same as before the cut. If every contractor turned round and said the above then the agency will have to accept else chance losing every contractor by walking which would be unacceptable especially in a middle of a project. But hey we are Brits and take eveything thrown at us without question.....pfff

Comment

Originally posted by uky kozak View Post
        So let "All" contarctors say OK lets split the cut 50/50 with the agency or are we gonna turn the other cheek and accept the punch as usual????

The agency will be on exactly the same as before the cut. If every contractor turned round and said the above then the agency will have to accept else chance losing every contractor by walking which would be unacceptable especially in a middle of a project. But hey we are Brits and take eveything thrown at us without question.....pfff
        I'm right behind you....... On the bench looking for a new role. They may have a retention issue in London where there's more competion (but I doubt it!!). At their other sites (oooop north), the Market is so dead that I'll just roll over and maybe even invite them to tickle my fat tum tum.

I do however wish you success in your crusade

Comment

Last time they were quoting £230 a day - much less than the £40 an hour I used to get there. So now they will be quoting just over £200 a day?

8 years ago they were paying me £310 a day for minimal skillset (at the time), not withstanding inflation that is a hell of a pay cut.

More hours, (many) more skills required, less money every 6 months - time to get out of this IT lark now I think.

Comment

Originally posted by bracken View Post
            I'm right behind you....... On the bench looking for a new role. They may have a retention issue in London where there's more competion (but I doubt it!!). At their other sites (oooop north), the Market is so dead that I'll just roll over and maybe even invite them to tickle my fat tum tum.

I do however wish you success in your crusade
            I'm afraid that is the answer in these times.. But you did make me laugh!
            "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
            - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Soled73 View Post
              Lloyds Banking Group (aka HBOS, Halifax plc etc) will be cutting IT contractor rates across the board by another 10%.

Communication will be posted tomorrow to all agencies. I understand it's another accept or leave ultimatum.

This follows on from a similar 10% blanket cut approx 12 months ago.

Be careful with comments like these - there was no blanked cut 12 months ago - maybe in certain areas but not across the board.

Comment

They still have a job? Should be grateful.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  They still have a job? Should be grateful.
                  WHS

LTSB and its group members are going through a fair few bits of hassle at the moment - not unconnected to that underwear selling short-arse ***** Hornby who has now ****ed off to Boots.

Given that Fred-the-Shred has paid back a bit of wedge, do you think Andy Hornby should too?

Comment

I was there when there last year when they cut rates 10%. They Offshored nearly all contract positions in our area and lots of people on inter-company transfers. At RBS now and same thing happening off-shoring most contract positions. On my last month

Comment

Working...
                    X