• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Lloyds cutting rates by another 10% today

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

they have just hired most of the team that did the Natwest and Ulster migrations at RBS....still plenty of work for good PMs around...

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
      Last time they were quoting £230 a day - much less than the £40 an hour I used to get there. So now they will be quoting just over £200 a day?

8 years ago they were paying me £310 a day for minimal skillset (at the time), not withstanding inflation that is a hell of a pay cut.

More hours, (many) more skills required, less money every 6 months - time to get out of this IT lark now I think.
      £230 a day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! are you a tea boy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Tell them to shuv it and move on.
      Faster, faster, faster, until the thrill of speed overcomes the fear of death.

Patience is something you admire in the driver behind you and scorn in the one ahead.

Comment

time to get out of this IT lark now I think.
        What do you suggest instead?

Comment

It's 15%!!!

Just had a message left on my voicemail from the agency, it's a 15% cut. I've tried ringing them back but they're not answering!!!

Comment

That'd be an extra 5% for the agency then!

As an aside, I'd be interested in hearing how a .NET developer could ever get more than £230 a day these days? In fact £230 would be a payrise at the moment.

I hate IT contracting.

Comment

Originally posted by bracken View Post
              Just had a message left on my voicemail from the agency, it's a 15% cut. I've tried ringing them back but they're not answering!!!
              10% for client, 5%for them...
              My all-time favourite Dilbert cartoon, this is: BTW, a Dumpster is a brand of skip, I think.

Comment

That'd be an extra 5% for the agency then!

As an aside, I'd be interested in hearing how a .NET developer could ever get more than £230 a day these days? In fact £230 would be a payrise at the moment.

I hate IT contracting.

Sorry to say this chaps but it does seem that any developer's days are numbered...

Is there anyway that you guys can go more 'upstream' into design and architecture? (This is what I'm doing in my own niche... BT/Tech Mahindra are encroaching into the lower end of my territory...)
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

I agree, Cojak. 6 years ago when outsourcing abounded in the lastdownturn it was argued that outsourcing couldn't work in the long term.

Now it is maturing. Sure, a lot of people are ******* up on the implementation, but the will is definitely still there. More now because of the economic climate.

They will keep persuing outsourcing until they can find a way to make it work.

IT will then be dead, probably because of high speed internet ultimately. Inevitable though.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    What do you suggest instead?
                    Well as my late father always told me everyone has to eat and everyone needs a roof over their head so I would suggest selling hotdogs and umbrellas in the street....

This time next year I will be......

Comment

Not wishing to incur the wrath of sasguru but let's all get into the groovy stuff like SAS, MATLAB, S-Plus, Synapse ... ?

Comment

Working...
                      X