• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

PCG Sign Me UP

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cooperinliverp00l
    so i think your saying go for PCG and get the insurance. Then get your contract reviewed sit back with a cup of dividends and enjoy with knowledge that if HMRC come knocking there is a good chance they will loose.
    Exactly.

Originally posted by tay
    I only have PCG vanilla... whats the benefit of getting the more expensive version.
    Standard insurance is for IR35 claims, PCGPlus means you get represented at any aspect enquiry. IR35 challenges alway start from a basic inquiry, so the idea is to stop them at source rather than defend against them later. You get a few other useful freebies as well - details on the website.
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by TheRightStuff
      I can't believe you said vanilla.
      Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by tay
        I only have PCG vanilla... whats the benefit of getting the more expensive version.
        If you upgrade to PCG 99, you get a chocolate flake.

PCG Plus gets you Standard membership plus PAYE Audit cover, jury service insurance, and some other goodies.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut
          If you upgrade to PCG 99, you get a chocolate flake.

PCG Plus gets you Standard membership plus PAYE Audit cover, jury service insurance, and some other goodies.
          I'm waiting for PCG 69 - you get a free bag of wine gums.

Comment

Originally posted by Gonzo
            Er, they weren't trying to sell you tax loss insurance when you got that were they?
            Nope had it already.

Off the top of my head (it was a while ago) it was warning about HMRC focusing on onward contracts between agency and client and how recent cases had presented new obstacles. I can dig it out. It was just saying that it is getting harder as time goes on.

Look, I don't think QDOS are in any way 'dodgy' like you are sort of implying and I also think the PCG offering is good as well. I just think that chosing tax-loss insurance is not completely deluded that's all.

Malvolio always promotes the PCG and that's fine (I think the PCG is great for contracting myself) but when people who take out other products are called "deluded" I like to add to the debate.

I'm just saying these are all personal decisions, there is no right or wrong and not absolutes like you cannot lose an IR35 case anymore. People must consider their position and make their own choices.

Comment

with pcg plus do you have to get each contract reviewed for the cover ?

Comment

Originally posted by andy
                with pcg plus do you have to get each contract reviewed for the cover ?
                I've said this a dozen times - no. Membership means all contracts are covered. It's not about contracts, it's about representing the membership.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                  I've said this a dozen times - no. Membership means all contracts are covered. It's not about contracts, it's about representing the membership.
                  sorry to ask again, do you mean that even if the contract is well inside ir35 ,pcg will represent me ? And also if I join today will it cover my existing contract which has been running since last 1.5 years ?

Comment

Yes, but why are you sure your contract is inside IR35? Have you had it reviewed?

Representation is not conditional - you join and you're covered - with the sole condition being that you aren't already being investigated for IR35. However the experts will not defend an unwinnable case, although we haven't had one of them yet. It's not a get out of jail free card, after all.
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio
                      However the experts will not defend an unwinnable case, although we haven't had one of them yet. It's not a get out of jail free card, after all.
                      This was the point I was always interested in.

If there is a ratio of 1472:3 wins:losses, are there many who are PCG members who have just been advised to drop trousers and grab ankles and therefore not got far enough to warrant taking up the insurance and therefore are not on the figures.

Or is this the sum total of PCG cases full stop.

(I am a member already and I find it bloody useful for all the fringe benefits)

Comment

Working...
                      X