• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice on perm case study

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on perm case study

Having been booted from my 2 year contract a few weeks ago I am considering a perm role and wondered if anyone had been through the interview process for a big 5? New territory for me having been contracting for the last 20 years - i also have a contract interview coming up but my latest contract has shaken me a bit and am at a stage of life where I need to start considering perm.

I have passed the first round and been invited to a case study interview in the next couple of weeks. Would love any feedback and tips from anyone who has been there and knows what the case study consists of. Thanks!

Who are the big 5 nowadays? So many mergers and splits I've lost count.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Have a rummage around on Linkedin there's some "experts" in that town who should be able to provide "what you need".
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

Just Google it. There are lots of websites offering advice on how to approach a case interview. One of the first results is even from Deloitte Careers.

Comment

Have you tried asking on www.permanentuk.com?
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
            Who are the big 5 nowadays? So many mergers and splits I've lost count.
            I'm interested to know too.

what industry?

big 5 in finance? or big 5 in the underwear industry

Comment

Thanks for sensible answers 😉. I've googled and nearly all case interview stuff is about management consultancy. Would be good to hear any personal insights on tech case studies but thanks again for signposting.

Comment

Originally posted by BritishLad88 View Post

I'm interested to know too.

what industry?

big 5 in finance? or big 5 in the underwear industry
                If it’s fish then apparently it’s…
                Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0347.jpeg
Views:	494
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	4287929

Comment

Sorry about my appalling faux pas and not being up on your in jokes. Just a contractor with 4 young kids who is out of work and panicking looking for some advice about an opportunity that may be decent 🤷

Comment

Tsk, tsk. This isn't general...

Not sure if any of these links help

https://igotanoffer.com/blogs/mckins...rview-examples

Comment

Working...
                    X