• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Demand for AI "Surging"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by willcodeforbread View Post
    But, yes - it's very very difficult work. My nose is constantly in academic papers, reading newsletters/tweets by PhDs, trying to stay abreast of the latest developments (last year is was LoRA, QLoRA, multi-modal, mixtures of experts, more advances in prompt engineering, etc) to a point where I took a 2 month holiday to completely unplug.
    Lol. Current gig, we tend to all take 1 months holiday in the summer. I used my holiday to learn a lot about the current gen AI tech, on both a theoretical and practical level. Could have done with 2 months, or even more, but also nice to be able to be both relaxed and learning at the same time.

Comment

Working...
    X