• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

References for agency

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

References for agency

Agnecy I’ve not used before got me an interview for next week.

They are asking for my last 4 work places that seems excessive usually it’s the last 2 or 3 max…

Also asking for the Agnecy details for who got me each role…not come across that before either.

Excuse typos !

Comment

I think this is a fishing trip.
      They want the client info to make the sale and they want the agency info so they can get one up on them when making the sale.
      Former IPSE member
      My Website

Comment

They’ve got me an interview lined up…but want 4 job references.

I’m happy to provide a couple if I get an offer …never ever been asked for 4 seems excessive for a contract role?

It’s none of their business which agencies got me prior jobs …not come across that before with any other recruiters…

Don’t think this is the norm, anyone else been asked for all this information?

Did you just ignore the request ?

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
          Agnecy I’ve not used before got me an interview for next week.

They are asking for my last 4 work places that seems excessive usually it’s the last 2 or 3 max…
          So it's one more than max. Big deal. You don't tell us any specifics about the role as defence, Gov, finance could all make a difference but either way it's a bit more than usual. Either way, they've got a gig you want, you've got to play their silly little game which takes zero effort and you get on with it. Just apply the standard approach, give agency contact and move on.
          Also asking for the Agnecy details for who got me each role…not come across that before either.
          What do you mean agency details? The name and number of the company? They need this to be able to request a reference... or do you mean the individual agent i.e. the person you dealt with? Maybe it's to make getting the reference easier, who knows. If you have it, give them it, if you don't then say you don't have it.

Did you just ignore the request ?
          They have a gig you want and at worst have a slightly onurs process for one reason or another. Worth ignoring it? What do you think? Worth pushing back and testing the limits for sure, tell them you can do three with no agent names and get on but ignoring the requests? At best might work (BIDI), at worst lose you a gig.

It's a crap agency, more clueless than the rest for sure, but if it gets you a gig paying over 100k a year then maybe worth working with them. Tis the life of a contractor.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There is one agency that insists on doing a full background check before even putting you forward. I'm not giving you line managers details without an offer, it's rude and unprofessional.

Comment

I’ve not even got an offer yet just an interview.
              I am used to dealing with agencies…but this one is asking for excessive info for a short term contract …

Even perm jobs don’t ask for your last 4 work place references.

Aside from that why do they need to know what Agencies got my my last 4 jobs and the names and contact number of these recruiters?! Eh?

Yes I can provide it but I think it’s a bit overkill and too much …I may not even get the job…

Comment

Sorry but it's a fishing trip.
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

They want the line managers names and phone numbers.

They want agency names and the name and phone number of the person who placed me so e.g. Joe Bloggs at Hays recruitment …

Comment

I think so Eek !

Comment

Working...
                    X