• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recourse to claim payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

don't be ridiculous.
    You seem to suggest that if you think someone deliberately doesn't pay the first step is a sueball. It's not.

IANAL but you clearly aren't either.

and this is not helpful for the OP who needs to get paperwork and evidence ready, then send the dunning letters. The agency will likely pay if he has a claim but only after many many months. The process also gives the agency the opportunity to explain, with evidence, why think they don't owe the money. The exchanges in this process form part of the evidence pack for a court if it ever does get there so it can't just be ignored.
    Especially given the time frames - Given the OPs first post I suspect the money may not even be due until the end of July.

So the first thing is get the evidence ready (including everything that says you've worked the hours you claim to have done)
    Then chase up payment.
    Then chase up payment again

Finally when the money is 30+ days overdue then start legal proceedings but you need to show that all other methods were used first.
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just following up for the benefit of other ill-fated folk, I did manage to get my timesheet signed by the director he acknowledged the agency had told him not to approve it originally. Then sent a letter before court before finally filling a small claims court.

They settled out of court not the full invoice amount but happy to get most of it paid plus the small claims fee.

Comment

Glad to hear you had a good outcome, and thanks for the update

Comment

Originally posted by ukltdcon View Post
          Just following up for the benefit of other ill-fated folk, I did manage to get my timesheet signed by the director he acknowledged the agency had told him not to approve it originally.
          Scummy agency

Comment

Now that it's settled, care to name the agent? (Or did you sign anything as part of the settlement preventing you from doing so)
            …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Good you got some of your money.
              Shocking the agency told them to cancel your timesheet!
              Lot of them are shady like that one who drained me for references etc and job flopped…
              I raised a point re payment terms recently as agency told me we only pay you monthly …i said I want weekly pay, I’m used to weekly payments…I try to get weekly as in cases like yours less money at stake if anything goes wrong.
              Losing a week’s money is bad but losing a month’s money is hard to swallow

Comment

Originally posted by ukltdcon View Post
                They settled out of court not the full invoice amount but happy to get most of it paid plus the small claims fee.
                Out of interest, is 'they' both the Agency and the Client, or did you only claim against the Agency?

It's a reminder of the value of having the client sign paper timesheets for one's own records.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

Out of interest, is 'they' both the Agency and the Client, or did you only claim against the Agency?

It's a reminder of the value of having the client sign paper timesheets for one's own records.
                  Or just take copies/screenshots of the signed timesheets for evidence.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                  X