• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories scrapping IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    The only change I see for IR35 is they close the exemption for small business or it gets repackaged as something else.
    That, and the "we're offering a wholly managed service where the agency is the end client" that many contracts have suddenly found themselves under in the last year or two
    ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

Then ask them whether they took 6 months off to go on holiday while they were in a contract or if they went on holiday because they were on the bench and couldn't bag any contract so they said what the hell I might as well go.
      She said 5 - 6 months over 5 years. just over 4 weeks of holiday per year is actually quite small for myslef and the other contractors I
      know. I spend more time than that skiing every year and always come back to a contract, I've never known it any other way.

It's not difficult to pick up a new contract, post-ski season, when your inbox is poppin' like this on the daily.

Click image for larger version  Name:	image_2828.png Views:	3 Size:	193.2 KB ID:	4267570
      Last edited by DrewG; 29 June 2023, 23:38.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post
        It's not difficult to pick up a new contract, post-ski season, when your inbox is poppin' like this on the daily.
        ffs not another my dick is bigger than you dick post...

Comment

In all fairness, DrewG is the biggest dick.

Comment

Wait, we're using recruiters messaging you on LinkedIn as a benchmark now? By that standard I should be on £20k a day such is my marketability.

Comment

Originally posted by vwdan View Post
              Wait, we're using recruiters messaging you on LinkedIn as a benchmark now? By that standard I should be on £20k a day such is my marketability.
              If your inbox is like mine, your outbound game is clearly working, sounds like you're struggling to convert though.

Also, please note that the fourth message down is literally confirmation of starting a new contract on the second week July. I can attract AND convert.
              Last edited by DrewG; 30 June 2023, 08:28.

Comment

She said 5 - 6 months over 5 years. just over 4 weeks of holiday per year is actually quite small for myslef and the other contractors I
                know. I spend more time than that skiing every year and always come back to a contract, I've never known it any other way.

Click image for larger version Name:	image_2828.png Views:	3 Size:	193.2 KB ID:	4267570

I don't even bother reading InMails that start with phrases such as 'You look impressive' or 'Strictly private and confidential' - they are just spam. Let me guess - the profiles associated with these roles are from attractive young women who work at agencies no one has ever heard of?

Here you are using them as evidence in a one man pissing contest. It's like trying to impress people with credit card pre-approval letters.
                Last edited by TheDude; 30 June 2023, 08:47.

Comment

If your inbox is like mine, your outbound game is clearly working, sounds like you're struggling to convert though.

Also, please note that the fourth message down is literally confirmation of starting a new contract on the second week July. I can attract AND convert.
                  I love this constant arrogance you exude - what on Earth makes you think I'm struggling, or have ever struggled, for work?

Comment

Please note no one gives a feck what you are saying, how many messages you get and where your kids go to school. I'd suggest investing some time in therapy instead of sitting on this forum constantly posting "look how great I am" content.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I don't even bother reading InMails that start with phrases such as 'You look impressive' or 'Strictly private and confidential' - they are just spam. Let me guess - the profiles associated with these roles are from attractive young women who work at agencies no one has ever heard of?

Here you are using them as evidence in a one man pissing contest. It's like trying to impress people with credit card pre-approval letters.
                      You said it, you get lots of inbound interest but struggle to convert interest to a contract. Maybe your inbox is all spam, sharpen your message and the messages will become more relevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X