• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tories scrapping IR35

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find it hard to believe that they will do anything which is going to cost them money. If they scrap IR35 it will be in favour of something that gets them more.
    "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
      I'd much rather they didn't scrap it.

Why? I and other proper contractors are working outside of it.

Be careful what you wish for, and all that.
      I have never had a contract Inside IR35 but to be honest it is more by luck than anything I have done.

Comment

I'd much rather they didn't scrap it.

Why? I and other proper contractors are working outside of it.

Be careful what you wish for, and all that.
        how long overall have you been on the bench in the last say 5 years?

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

how long overall have you been on the bench in the last say 5 years?
          about 5-6 months I'd say - had some nice holidays
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Wait to you see the options in the current umbrella regulation discussions (which really is HMRC want more money).

You may as well give up contracting now given the options offered..
            Well, perhaps not just yet, but imagine wanting to make umbrella working even less attractive ...

Comment

about 5-6 months I'd say - had some nice holidays

yeah sure

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

yeah sure
                Just because you can't keep engaged, doesn't mean she can't either.

I know people in the SAP ecosystem that have been in work for more than a decade, only taking time off when they want to.

Your ability to think and act like a true consultant and business owner is probably nil.

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

Just because you can't keep engaged, doesn't mean she can't either.

I know people in the SAP ecosystem that have been in work for more than a decade, only taking time off when they want to.

Your ability to think and act like a true consultant and business owner is probably nil.
                  Then ask them whether they took 6 months off to go on holiday while they were in a contract or if they went on holiday because they were on the bench and couldn't bag any contract so they said what the hell I might as well go.

Comment

The only change I see for IR35 is they close the exemption for small business or it gets repackaged as something else.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                      The only change I see for IR35 is they close the exemption for small business or it gets repackaged as something else.
                      Yes, they will probably do that eventually. That was always the glide path since the public sector rules were introduced. Perhaps Labour will take a different approach, but it certainly won’t involve less tax and it probably won’t involve less admin either

Comment

Working...
                      X