• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Job of the week (worst recruiter reach outs of the week)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Job of the week (worst recruiter reach outs of the week)

Let's look at this weeks worst recruiter reachouts (feel free to contribute).

From today:
    1. Role is advertised as central London, role is actually in Borehamwood, it took over a dozen linkedin messages to get the location
    2. Role advertised as market rates, role is actually £390 day
    3. IR35 status advertised as pending, status is inside
    4. Role advertised as a leading tech company, role is actually with a large Indian consultancy
    5. Role advertised as remote, they require 2 days onsite/week

Share your recruiter shenanigans for the week below!
    Last edited by DrewG; 26 May 2023, 13:38.

this crap belongs in General.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      It's also the tale of every agency trying to fill a contract with an indian consultancy since the late 1990s...
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I had quite a few phone calls with an Indian recruiter before I realised that the job was actually in Wokingham and not working from home.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
          This.

To be fair if you think any of them are really out of order and are completely wrong then you are in the wrong industry. All looks very par for the course to me they do.

Role is advertised as central London, role is actually in Borehamwood, it took over a dozen linkedin messages to get the location
          So less than 14 miles away in a town no one has ever heard of.
          Role advertised as market rates, role is actually £390 day
          The only reason they put market rates is because it's going to be crap. If it says market rates and you expect market rates then you need to take a reality check
          IR35 status advertised as pending, status is inside
          Again, to be expected. If it doesn't state outside then it's inside. Period. And even if it states outside expect inside. It's the new way
          Role advertised as a leading tech company, role is actually with a large Indian consultancy
          And their client is likely to be leading tech. Either way, close enough to not really make any difference
          Role advertised as remote, they require 2 days onsite/week
          Again, if you expect remote to mean 100% remote in this day and age of hybrid working then you need another reality check.

So in a nutshell it's a crap role they've fluffed up which will all come to light the minute you stick your CV in.

IMO hardly something worthy of a post.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

IMO hardly something worthy of a post.
            Because you've set the bar so very high.....

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

Because you've set the bar so very high.....
              that's a fair shout to be honest
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Wipro, TCS, Infosys and HCL can certainly be described as leading tech companies.

Comment

Python + Front end full stack engineer- - London, UK- Contract

Hi, We have a Job opportunity for Python + Front end full stack engineer, Please share me your email ID, will share job spec, you can share me your updated CV with contact details, Will call you to discuss further about this role.
                  Please provide below required details : Current Address : Visa status with validity/ Work permit in UK: Expected daily rate inside IR35 : Notice Period/Availability : Job Description / Responsibilities::::: Role: Python + Front end full stack engineer
                  Client: Accenture
                  • We are looking for Python + Front end full stack engineer, Desired experience level : 7+ years.
                  • Python (Must have) - flask framework, pandas, data frames, SQL Alchemy – Must have (Expert)
                  • VueJS or ReactJS or Angular- For front-end (Any JavaScript based Front-end knowledge should work) – Must have (Moderate level would do)
                  • Postgres - Any relational db knowledge should work. (Must Have)

This role is for client Accenture, clients budget is 350-400 GBP/Day inside, May i know your minimum negotiable expected day rate inside? Waiting for your response........
                  If you do not want stained bed sheets(with man juice), the rate after tax barely covers a hotel for the night.
                  Last edited by GigiBronz; 31 May 2023, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post
                    Python + Front end full stack engineer- - London, UK- Contract
                    When I get email like that, with silly rates, I always make a point of going back with what rate I expect. I never hear back, and I doubt it changes anything, but a little bit of me hopes that message makes its way back to those with the budget.

Comment

Working...
                    X