• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Best business bank?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best business bank?

OK, so my ancient free banking deal seems to have come to an end.

I can see there are various banks offering completely free business banking, like Mettle (which is just another Natwest/RBS brand)

So, what I want... Free Agent auto populate ideally, or if not at least upload transactions via CSV, and maintain account via normal web browser on windows. I dont want to be forced to use another blooming app on my phone (I already have thousands, and really dont want it for business banking)

Any views on who is decent, and free ?

Why don't you want another app - bank's like them because it allows them to be sure there man in the middle attacks aren't possible.

merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

its sounds like you want worst business bank. Certainly not best.

As you don't need integration with Free Agent, then just pick any free business bank. Credit Suisse maybe?
      Silicon Valley?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
        OK, so my ancient free banking deal seems to have come to an end.

I can see there are various banks offering completely free business banking, like Mettle (which is just another Natwest/RBS brand)

So, what I want... Free Agent auto populate ideally, or if not at least upload transactions via CSV, and maintain account via normal web browser on windows. I dont want to be forced to use another blooming app on my phone (I already have thousands, and really dont want it for business banking)

Any views on who is decent, and free ?
        Starling has worked perfectly well for me with no cost. I use the app for day to day banking as it's very convenient but they do offer a browser based portal as well, which I use for downloading the CSV statements and uploading it to Quickfile. As per the Starling website, they do integrate with FreeAgent.

You may find it hard to avoid an app altogether as even traditional banks might need you to use their apps for 2FA when logging in on your browser, adding new payees, making transactions, etc.
        Last edited by sreed; 20 March 2023, 10:00.

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post
          use their apps for 2FA when logging into or making transactions.
          And going forward that's going to become a lot more common.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Irritatingly, Monzo are great for everything apart from FreeAgent, which they charge you for (which doesn't feel very modern/disruptive). You use the app to authorise certain things, like a normal modern business would. But can download statements and CSVs online (and QIFs that'll go straight into FreeAgent)

Virgin might be a good shout?
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Starling a breath of fresh air when compared with the traditional banks, just make sure to keep it below the FSCS limit of 85k.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
                Starling a breath of fresh air when compared with the traditional banks, just make sure to keep it below the FSCS limit of 85k.
                WHS - Never had a problem with them.
                SUFTUM

May life give you what you need, rather than what you want....

Comment

I've just migrated from Metrobank to Starling Bank Business account. I've been a Starling Personal Customer for many years, no issues at all.

Comment

Another vote for Starling here. Been fantastic from day 1

Comment

Working...
                    X