• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Which Umbrella

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Which Umbrella

Hi folks,

Just about to start new inside contract, have been given the following Umbrella choices:
    • Brookson
    • Amaze
    • Danbro
    • Datamatics
    • Giant
    • Parasol
    • Paystream
    • Sapphire
    • Workwell Solutions

I've used paystream before, just wondered if people think any of the above are a better choice?
    Needs to allow SIPP of your choice. Haven't been give much time to decide.
    Will have a look around as well, but would welcome any views.

Thanks,

lucyclarityumbrella one for you
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Paystream left me with £5k income tax bill.

Comment

We do have a part of the forum specifically dedicated to Umbrellas
        https://forums.contractoruk.com/umbrella-companies/

In there you will see the same question has been asked many times so people are less likely to respond to this as we will have been through it over and over.

Best way to find out is to use google search. In google type <umbrella> site:forums.contractoruk.com
        You can use multiple keywords. It will find all the posts where those keywords were used so just punch in every name in your list and see the previous feedback
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And I'd go speak to Lucy and Clarity and ask give her the agents details to see if she can get on the list. Many of the agents say they've spent time doing diligence on these brollies but usually it's just because they give kickbacks and run on tiny margins which some quality brollies can't.

Give Lucy the chance to get on that list and go with her. Easy.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Datamatics is a weird one - umbrella services and webhosting aren't items that really go together.

But again speak to Lucy at Clarity - yep we may seem a broken record but there is a reason we recommend her - we know we can trust her and the others have problems.
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Thanks all - much appreciated

Comment

Thanks for the responses thus far, appreciate the question will have been asked countless times and I intend to look through.

Apparently, I need to chose one by this afternoon.

From what I've been told the end client has to approve the Umbrellas, appreciate the nod towards Lucy and Clarity Umbrella, but unfortunately not enough time.

End client is in the financial sector, so datamatics being on there raised an eyebrow - just had a chat with the rep promising take home of 85% - I would imagine the collective forum members having steam coming out of the ears lol - went along with it just to see what the model was.

A rep for Amaze saying can give 73% take home through some sort of advancement.

Not to worry will stay away, I've resigned myself of taking home around 50% if taking all, but will try and put half in SIPP or whatever the right calculation is.

Comment

Originally posted by gazelle View Post
                  From what I've been told the end client has to approve the Umbrellas, appreciate the nod towards Lucy and Clarity Umbrella, but unfortunately not enough time.

Have you spoken to her, or just decided to yourself that there's not enough time?
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by gazelle View Post
                    End client is in the financial sector, so datamatics being on there raised an eyebrow - just had a chat with the rep promising take home of 85% - I would imagine the collective forum members having steam coming out of the ears lol - went along with it just to see what the model was.
                    WTAF is the agency - because the end client requirements will be very simple - FCSA registered...
                    Last edited by eek; 16 March 2023, 12:40.
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X