• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

COVID Vaccine Mandates

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is interesting; so clients are really proscribing suppliers whose staff are not vaccinated ... effectively discrimination on grounds of personal choice.

I'd view such behaviour as a proxy for organisational traits I'd dislike and avoid such organisations.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post
      This is interesting; so clients are really proscribing suppliers whose staff are not vaccinated ... effectively discrimination on grounds of personal choice.
      Facial tattoos are a personal choice as well.

Comment

Can we not turn this into a theatre of the culture war as there are a million other places to do that on the internet?

Anyone under 50 without a medical reason or being a carer wasn't offered a booster over the winter so presumably the immunity someone like me who had all three on offer is waning anyway? Hence, I can't see this being practical anymore.
        Last edited by SussexSeagull; 7 March 2023, 16:14.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Facial tattoos are a personal choice as well.
          as is wearing clothes

Comment

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-64876657

Regardless of one's views on Covid Vaccinations they are only being offered to over 75s so I don't see how an employee can insist on them now.

Comment

Only company I have seen put it in the job ad was IBM. Not sure if it applies to Contract also.

Comment

Originally posted by mallisarealperson View Post
                Only company I have seen put it in the job ad was IBM. Not sure if it applies to Contract also.
                Your best bet is to speak to the agents you deal with and explain what it is that makes it an issue for you, then they can help with putting you forward, or not, from roles based on what you have told them.
                If you're applying direct to clients, then you need to ask them. Given that the UK does not currently have any covid rules, then anything that exists will be at the client's discretion. Same with any other client requirements, and it's not discrimination.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Many years ago I went for a permie interview with a large American consultancy firm. Went quite well until they mentioned that they would not employ anyone who wore a beard, under any circumstances. They were quite surprised when I terminated our meeting when all I had to do was shave it off.

People make strange rules that make perfect sense to them. Network Rail ban all their staff, including suppliers, from drinking during the working day on the basis that drivers and signalmen can't so nobody should.
                  Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                    Many years ago I went for a permie interview with a large American consultancy firm. Went quite well until they mentioned that they would not employ anyone who wore a beard, under any circumstances. They were quite surprised when I terminated our meeting when all I had to do was shave it off.

People make strange rules that make perfect sense to them. Network Rail ban all their staff, including suppliers, from drinking during the working day on the basis that drivers and signalmen can't so nobody should.
                    So they wouldn't employ a male Muslim?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                      ISTR EDS had this rule back in the day, when Ross Perot held it in his little iron grip.

Comment

Working...
                      X