• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain digital nomad visa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by brightondeveloper View Post
    Has this Gov actually done anything favorable for small businesses at all? I'm googling the state of play wrt schooling in spain atm to asses whether or not I can move my family there - surely there's a lot more people considering this now? It's insane what's going on in this country
    for Andalucía, there is a list of International schools here: https://mumabroad.com/education/educ...ols-andalucia/

Comment

Has anyone here actually done the move or seriously considering? I'd be intersted in chatting with anyone who has / is considering - esp those with a young family

Comment

Has anyone here actually done the move or seriously considering? I'd be intersted in chatting with anyone who has / is considering - esp those with a young family
        In terms of who has done the move, there are posts on the facebook groups that confirm that at least one U.K National has been accepted for a Digital Nomad Visa in under 30 days via the Spanish Self-Employment route i.e. you provide the Spanish authorities a self-employment certificate (link below) pledge to register as self-employed when you get to Spain and pay 50%+ total deductions (but you do get full spanish social security, healthcare and pension coverage).

If you fancy this route and you qualify for a UK Gov issued certificate, you can get the certificate used to support the application from here: https://www.gov.uk/guidance/apply-fo...eNbkAfr__aW6b0

In terms of seriously considering with a young family (5 total), that would be me. I am waiting for a few applications of the early movers to go through the legal factory before I step in and chance my arm without the self-employment certificate. The lawyers that are posting on the facebook groups are only just starting to work on these early mover applications.

Comment

This is me - we were planning to move for September but have pushed back by a year because of the challenge in finding an international school that we liked and are also not considering another region entirely. Happy to chat about my experiences so far

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post

This is me - we were planning to move for September but have pushed back by a year because of the challenge in finding an international school that we liked and are also not considering another region entirely. Happy to chat about my experiences so far
            Thank you - I'm in the process of going down the rabbit hole to weigh up the options / find a best path through it all - I may DM you soon

Comment

You might want to keep an eye on this thread:
              https://forums.contractoruk.com/acco...-resident.html
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Something directly related to the Spanish Nomad Visa (Portugal too I would suspect) is that the requirement to obtain long-term EU residency status may be lowered from 5 years to 3 years. The draft vote has already passed the EU parliament and the final vote is towards the end of this month.

https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...sident-status/

Theoretically then, if you end up in Spain for 3 years solid you would be eligible for long-term status.

Comment

The Spanish consulate in Miami is the first to post guidance.

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consul...NRqeE7qIFYoXlY

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                    The Spanish consulate in Miami is the first to post guidance.

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/Consul...NRqeE7qIFYoXlY
                    As a Director I give explicit permission for the worker to carry out remote work hehe. I am guessing as Contractors it will be point b, evidence of a current contract. This could be difficult when a contract could be 5 months old and have only 1 month left..!

4. Company certificate, reflecting:
                    a) If he is an employee, the seniority of the worker in the company, as well as the explicit permission of the company to the worker to carry out of remote work.

b) If you are a self-employed worker, the age of the contractual relationship, as well as the terms and conditions in which you will exercise the professional activity to distance.

Comment

Originally posted by AreYouGoingToWorkToday View Post

As a Director I give explicit permission for the worker to carry out remote work hehe. I am guessing as Contractors it will be point b, evidence of a current contract. This could be difficult when a contract could be 5 months old and have only 1 month left..!

4. Company certificate, reflecting:
                      a) If he is an employee, the seniority of the worker in the company, as well as the explicit permission of the company to the worker to carry out of remote work.

b) If you are a self-employed worker, the age of the contractual relationship, as well as the terms and conditions in which you will exercise the professional activity to distance.
                      If you're going to be picky about point b then the emphasis should be on the "age of the contractual relationship" and not its duration... I have a three year framework agreement with one consultancy that's still valid. I haven't worked for them for a year and it's going to expire soon but the contractual relationship goes back to 2020.

Comment

Working...
                      X