• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain digital nomad visa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very keen to follow through on this myself as I've got property in the Costa Brava which I'd like to use as a more permanent base.

My initial respone to the link posted above regards section 5:

5. Certificate of Mercantile Registry (or similar body of the country) in which the date of Constitution of the company and the type of activity. You must prove a real and continuous activity for at least one year.

Foreign documents must be legalized or apostilled and, where applicable, must be submitted together with an official translation into Spanish.
    real and continuous activity for at least 1 year. I assume that means your ltd has demonstrated that it has been trading for at least one year since its inception. I hope it doesn't mean that you have to show that you've been activnely trading over the last year because that's going to have a real impact if you have only one income stream and your inside IR35 (which I am).

Comment

Full details are available now.

https://www.exteriores.gob.es/en/Ser...b3mada+digital)

Comment

Originally posted by AreYouGoingToWorkToday View Post
        Ridiculously excessive red tape.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gibson Troubadour View Post
          Very keen to follow through on this myself as I've got property in the Costa Brava which I'd like to use as a more permanent base.

My initial respone to the link posted above regards section 5:

real and continuous activity for at least 1 year. I assume that means your ltd has demonstrated that it has been trading for at least one year since its inception. I hope it doesn't mean that you have to show that you've been activnely trading over the last year because that's going to have a real impact if you have only one income stream and your inside IR35 (which I am).
          How will you take advantage of the flat tax (I think 15% for 5 years?). I think it's based on income outside of the country, does that means you will not pay HMRC even though your clients are UK based?

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post

Ridiculously excessive red tape.
            What? This is one of the most light touch visa application processes I've ever seen.

I've worked in multiple countries and now hold multiple residencies. Every single visa I've had has been a massive paperwork and evidence burden, this one is nothing in comparison.

Let me guess, you also voted for Brexit?

Comment

Originally posted by DrewG View Post

What? This is one of the most light touch visa application processes I've ever seen.

I've worked in multiple countries and now hold multiple residencies. Every single visa I've had has been a massive paperwork and evidence burden, this one is nothing in comparison.

Let me guess, you also voted for Brexit?
              What does me voting for Brexit or not have to do with reams and reams of documentation required for a visa?

btw, I started this thread because the 'headline' flat rate of tax was supposedly 15%. Attractive against a backdrop of Corp. Tax rising to 25%+ for my Ltd. But the reality is that for you and me, it's really 24%. Typical of the Spanish. I've owned a place over there for coming up to 20 years and let me tell you, they're full of tulip. The bureaucracy in that country is off the scale.

Comment

The paperwork is light, the requirements are very tight, probably designed to stop a stampede from day-one like in Portugal.

On the flip side you'll get a response within about 20 days. In Portugal right now, you'll be lucky to get one in 2 years. I jest of course but Portugal just sacked their entire immigration department it was getting that bad.

24% Tax flat-rated to 600k EUR? There are worse ways to earn a EU passport.

Comment

surprised this thread is dead ...

might be a bit off-topic but are there options for people that do not have EU passport / visa?
                  90days / 180 days in Schenghen area?
                  Are there other european countries where they could spend another 90 days before the 180 days move? Asia ?
                  Non Schengen seem to be: Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania
                  Does it work like that?

If you are stuck in London with a 1 bed flat at 1700 without bills or 1200 in the rest of the SE that seems a poor decision financially if you do not have any income coming in.

Currently it costs me about 950 per month for an 1bed airbnb city center Seville and probably another 600 euro in food, eating out mostly. It is significantly less than most places in UK.

Are there any other EU options to bounce around or do you have to go to Thailand Asia etc. ?
                  Last edited by GigiBronz; 17 July 2023, 09:30.

Comment

The main problem is that the U.K government is curre you taking up to three and a half months to issue A1 social security certificates to British people who have been paying national insurance for a quarter of a century.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post
                      The main problem is that the U.K government is curre you taking up to three and a half months to issue A1 social security certificates to British people who have been paying national insurance for a quarter of a century.
                      prisoners are not allowed to leave the prison. Not that it is any different in Europe, it is actually worse in most places including Spain if you have to work there. But if you are lucky and can arbitrage earning in a HCOL area while living in a LCOL area... it can work well.

Maybe persist with a few phone calls to the support line? It should be only a formality.

I've lived for 3+ months in Airbnb's here and not entirely sure if to pull the trigger on getting a more long term accommodation. Finding long term accommodation during the summer is also slightly more difficult as they would rather get tourists in at daily rates.

The UK economic situation might deteriorate in the near future as more information comes out. There are already issues with defaults, corporate leases, people struggling with debt, but I think more will follow in the next 3 months.
                      I would get my ducks in order asap so you can focus on what is next.

Comment

Working...
                      X