• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Spain digital nomad visa

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thankfully I still have an EU passport as where we are the internet is so bad I'd struggle to be able to work remotely, although looking at Starlink to see if that's any better
    Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
    I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
      Thoughts?
      As long as the client allows you to work from Spain and you've got no social ties to the UK, I'd say it's a good option.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

As long as the client allows you to work from Spain and you've got no social ties to the UK, I'd say it's a good option.
        Yes, a good option.
        I'd also add in that you need to check and understand the rules & regs in Spain, e.g. UK driving licence... https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-i...iving-in-spain
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post

+1

Covid support should have been loan based, repayable over the long term only by those who received the support.

Lets's hope that this Visa arrangement gets approved soon.
          I say this as someone who received next to no Covid support but if people hadn't been paid to stay at home there would have been no way to sustain lockdown and we would have been on the way to social collapse.

Comment

Originally posted by Protagoras View Post
            Covid support should have been loan based, repayable over the long term only by those who received the support.
            You do understand that essentially there's little difference between taxes and government loan repayments, except for who pays? You as a reasonable well paid person will, through taxation, be paying off your government loan. Here's a gold star for your achievement.

Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
              This is very interesting, especially to me as I already have a property in Spain:

https://www.euronews.com/travel/2022...ay-for-5-years

The law hasn't been passed yet (early 2023 supposedly) and I'd need to see the detail but the thought of paying a flat rate of 15% tax, compared to 25% corp. tax + 8.5% dividend tax is very appealing. I'm not paying for a bunch of covid support I didn't receive.

Thoughts?
              My only slight concern (I've been tracking this for over a year as we're planning to relocate) is the 15% only kicks in if you spend less than 183 days a year there. That strikes me as somewhat odd, but I've seen that on a few articles now

Comment

Originally posted by DigitalUser View Post

My only slight concern (I've been tracking this for over a year as we're planning to relocate) is the 15% only kicks in if you spend less than 183 days a year there. That strikes me as somewhat odd, but I've seen that on a few articles now
                That does sound odd, which article did you see this? There must be an official document they voted on of the proposed legislation?

Comment

There are actually quite a few digital nomad options
                  https://nomadgirl.co/countries-with-...l-nomad-visas/

Comment

Originally posted by Unix View Post

That does sound odd, which article did you see this? There must be an official document they voted on of the proposed legislation?
                    https://www.schengenvisainfo.com/new...axes-for-them/

It might also be how I'm reading the statement around the 183 day rule which is an misinterpretation. Happy to be corrected on this...
                    Last edited by DigitalUser; 8 November 2022, 23:08.

Comment

I read it as
                      Non-Resident: Workers and companies who receive income in Spain but cannot stay there for more than 183 days.
                      Digital nomads (with the visa): Benefit from the same tax rate of 15 percent, limited only throughout the first four years of their stay.

So the 15% tax rate applies for the first four years. I guess it requires a Spanish company to be set up and closing the UK one?

Comment

Working...
                      X