• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Security Check/Clearance transfer - how long should it take?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lance View Post

lots to do that doesn't require clearance. But then I'm an architect not a developer.
    Why does that make a difference. I've spent a lot of architecture time on access routes IP structures, ecure data management and the like. It's not all about what's stored but also a bout how...
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Still waiting (and resuming the job hunting process)

This is one situation - waiting for a clearance to transfer - where "keep looking until you're at the client's desk" doesn't really help that much

How many thousands would you personally lose before you said "stop, no more"?
      ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post

Why does that make a difference. I've spent a lot of architecture time on access routes IP structures, ecure data management and the like. It's not all about what's stored but also a bout how...
        I don't know if it does. I just know that I've always been working while waiting. No laptop from the client, or if I do have a laptop I don't have access to many systems/information. That doesn't stop me being useful.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

My advice would be to go on holiday, apply for gigs for only 1 hour a day. 30 mins in the morning to catch new ads, 30 mins evening. Call up every lead you think looks good to inform them your CV is coming through during the call. Then, you either come back to your SC job in 2-3 weeks, or you get interviews remotely. The bonus of this is you get a holiday and also less stress. Hanging about around the house won't help much as you might or might not have a role as of now.

Comment

Originally posted by agentzero View Post
            My advice would be to go on holiday, apply for gigs for only 1 hour a day. 30 mins in the morning to catch new ads, 30 mins evening. Call up every lead you think looks good to inform them your CV is coming through during the call. Then, you either come back to your SC job in 2-3 weeks, or you get interviews remotely. The bonus of this is you get a holiday and also less stress. Hanging about around the house won't help much as you might or might not have a role as of now.
            It's good advice. Already had a couple of holidays unfortunately but in terms of spending the time on leisure rather than just... waiting.... you're right.
            ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

First time I've needed SC and got the letter saying my clearance was approved today. I submitted my application in mid July - so about 2 months for me.
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                I've signed a contract for a role that was meant to begin weeks ago that required a clearance to be transferred. It's been about 3-4 weeks now - longer than the initial application to be cleared took (which was 2 weeks)

How long does it normally take (I know this is a variable, but what's considered reasonable?) and at what point do you cut your losses?

I know this is the name of the game, but I've lost thousands of pounds waiting for this to happen and at some point I need to say "no more".

Particularly interested in people who've recently had their SC transferred and how long theirs took.

Do you already get your SC now? I submitted my application in July, and still waiting for their vetting decision now.

Comment

Working...
                X