• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Advice - no work to do, client sending me home

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We’ve been told not to work ...take the time off ! They won’t pay us ...simple as that...

Comment

It would be helpful if you gave a better title. You'll get advice no matter what so no need to ask. Give some better context in your title.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Could be out for a few weeks...the role is inside IR35

Comment

Originally posted by Cookielove View Post
          We’ve been told not to work ...take the time off ! They won’t pay us ...simple as that...
          There you go. They can do that and have done so no advice needed then.

Comment

Could be out for a few weeks...the role is inside IR35
            In that case I'd expect to be paid or walk. Why accept an inside role but be treated as if outside? Stuff that. As for the other "contractor" - that's their business.

Comment

True !

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post

In that case I'd expect to be paid or walk. Why accept an inside role but be treated as if outside? Stuff that. As for the other "contractor" - that's their business.
                Because inside is a tax position only in theory. It's possible it has all the pillars of outside but the client is too scared. It could be it's all the same except RoS for example. So it's still a T&M contract and the client doesn't need T&M today. OP needs to check their contractor but I'd expect it to be broadly the same. Regardless of inside or outside it's still a T&M contract so you still get paid for a days work and don't for no work.

I see what you are saying, and I'm sure many would agree but it's still all about the contract regardless of tax position.

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  So you're not concerned about throwing away a solid outside IR35 position then...
                  It’s an inside role..not sure where this came from?

Comment

It’s an inside role..not sure where this came from?
                    Because you didn't make it clear.

Comment

Okay, thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X