• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Slippery agent behaviour.

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You can....

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

You were right - see above.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post

You can....
        I can (and do). You can (I presume).
        I was using 'you' as a 2nd person pronoun though.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Sat on a Zoom meeting, wearing a tie waiting for the interviewer to join. I had previously been offered the role but didn't take it after they took too long to make an offer, so I was feeling confident.

About 5 mins after the start time I text my friend who works there to ask why no-one has joined.

Agency (Salt) didn't bother telling me the interview was cancelled as "I was asking for too much money".

The "too much money" amount was more than 50% over the rate I asked for.

Never heard from the agency again.

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

I can (and do). You can (I presume).
            I was using 'you' as a 2nd person pronoun though.
            We know

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

We know
              the royal 'We'?
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

At the very start of my career one agent from hays sent my cv through to the client after editing it and adding skills I didn't have.

He told me about it after I secured an interview so I had to learn as much as possible about the stuff he lied about before the interview. And that's how I landed my first role, by lying.

It was an entry-level role so nobody cared that I didn't know tulip but still makes me giggle how my whole career started from a series of lies.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH

Was this when you had visas in Spain, Portugal, Singapore, Australia and North Korea, while paying no tax and having the hardest job in the world?

Warning #2.
                  1. I worked in SNG and AUS for many years.
                  2. I never said I had visas in spain and portugal, I said I had an immigration lawyer write me an advisory report on what I need to do to get a visa.
                  3. I pay my tax in the UK
                  4. I don't have the hardest job in the world, that professor guy does.

What are you trying to imply about me?

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

the royal 'We'?
                    Yep.

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I was offered an outside contract with occasional visits to a client site on the South Coast.

It now turns out the position is with the same client with occasional visits to the far North of England.

Comment

Working...
                      X