• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Experiences with Accenture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Experiences with Accenture

Has anyone had any bad experiences with these guys.

Have been offered a decent rate but it looks like I would be responsible for a team of junior developers and Having worked with a few similar firms in the past they can set the bar rather low.

I assume you are inside then?

There is another thread running about contracting with the big 4 that already has a load of people giving their opinion on working for these types of outfits so you'll find useful stuff in there.
    Last edited by northernladuk; 26 January 2022, 14:23.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

There are few outside contracts in my area of expertise and those that are tend to be offered by small companies/ startups with unspectacular rates.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post
        There are few outside contracts in my area of expertise and those that are tend to be offered by small companies/ startups with unspectacular rates.
        Agreed but once you start team leading I'd ask how can you deliver to a SoW when one of them is managing a team. Could be argued you aren't really using your coding skills to deliver an outcome like a supplier when leading a team. Not really contractor territory but not impossible. Devil will be in the details I guess.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Agreed but once you start team leading I'd ask how can you deliver to a SoW when one of them is managing a team. Could be argued you aren't really using your coding skills to deliver an outcome like a supplier when leading a team. Not really contractor territory but not impossible. Devil will be in the details I guess.
          I think the TheDude 's answer was that this is inside...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Worked alongside once and "for" once.
            Never again. The last time was 18 years ago.
            The slightest mention of that lot being any near a contract I would be working on and I would be in the next county quicker than you can say "Speeding ticket".
            The same goes for De Toilets - Deloitte and PWC or Pricks w******* c**** as I prefer to call them!
            AVOID AVOID AVOID!!!!!!
            Former IPSE member
            My Website

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

I think the TheDude 's answer was that this is inside...
              Re-reading it carefully I can see where you get that. I just took the words as usual. It would be nice to have clarification.

Comment

Worked with Accenture on a programme, they were the "experts" (as a permie for large US Telecoms), always looking to upsell, won't do anything outside of SOW, model is based on new business opportunity, very process driven, emotionless employees. Other than that, great!

Comment

Originally posted by IsayIsayIsay View Post
                  Worked with Accenture on a programme, they were the "experts" (as a permie for large US Telecoms), always looking to upsell, won't do anything outside of SOW, model is based on new business opportunity, very process driven, emotionless employees. Other than that, great!
                  Just being slightly pedantic but is this as a perm or as a contractor?

Comment

I once failed to get past the interview. They asked me what I knew about them, to which I said "I know what you did to Enron."
                    No sense of humour. It would have never worked out.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X