• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pre-referencing rears its' ugly head again - times must be tough ...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pre-referencing rears its' ugly head again - times must be tough ...

This is from an on-line ad posted today by an agency called Protiviti ...

===========
    Next steps, if you are interested then please apply to this role with your latest CV so I can shortlist suitably, following this as part of our compliance, we require 2 references/testimonials before profile submission.

Protiviti is a global management consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future.
    ===========
    "If You Tolerate This Your Children Will Be Next ..."

Rears it's ugly head again? Nope. It's been this way forever and won't change. Why do you think it's rearing it's head again?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I got this in a permission to represent email from an agency and just ignored that part of the email and it was fine.

Ended up getting an offer, so didn't affect the process seemingly.

Just ignore their requests or ask them why and they'll soon back down.

Comment

https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...eferences.html

Comment

When agents ask me about that, I invoke GDPR. I.e. they're asking me to provide them with PII (Personally Identifiable Information), so I need to see a copy of their privacy policy which states what they'll use the information for and how long they'll retain it afterwards. That avoids me outright calling them a liar, and then we can either move forward or call it quits.

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post
            When agents ask me about that, I invoke GDPR. I.e. they're asking me to provide them with PII (Personally Identifiable Information), so I need to see a copy of their privacy policy which states what they'll use the information for and how long they'll retain it afterwards. That avoids me outright calling them a liar, and then we can either move forward or call it quits.
            Do they laugh when you do?

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              Do they laugh when you do?
              Not so far - they just promise to email me with the privacy policy, and never do. (I'm not expecting them to, so I'm satisfied just to move past their initial request.)

Comment

Originally posted by hobnob View Post

Not so far - they just promise to email me with the privacy policy, and never do. (I'm not expecting them to, so I'm satisfied just to move past their initial request.)
                Because they are too busy laughing and realise they've just dodged a bullet.

Comment

There certainly seems to be quite a few agents with time to kill launching fishing expeditions at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    There certainly seems to be quite a few agents with time to kill launching fishing expeditions at the moment.
                    Most here know my working status, etc etc but I have been getting emails and missed calls/voicemails from IT agencies recently. Must be desperate for leads.
                    Former IPSE member
                    My Website

Comment

Working...
                    X