• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Pre-referencing rears its' ugly head again - times must be tough ..."

Collapse

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Maybe you're in their learning and development manuals as a right of passage
    As a former colleague in the telecoms trade once said very frequently (several times a day, he was sat at the desk next to mine) "if you are going to tell them to F*** *** do it nicely!" - I never read that memo!

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I swear I was on some young agents manual a year or so ago.

I got a phone call from a young blood and slammed the phone down on him as he was rude.

About an hour later I got a phone call from an older guy who was polite, I was polite back. Older guy found out I wasn't interested as I was in a contract.

Looked my phone and realised they called from the same number......

Leave a comment:

• ladymuck
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Most here know my working status, etc etc but I have been getting emails and missed calls/voicemails from IT agencies recently. Must be desperate for leads.

Leave a comment:

• SueEllen
    replied
    Originally posted by courtg9000 View Post

Most here know my working status, etc etc but I have been getting emails and missed calls/voicemails from IT agencies recently. Must be desperate for leads.
    Lots of young blood with nothing to do e.g. no clients to go out to meet and greet.

Leave a comment:

• courtg9000
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    There certainly seems to be quite a few agents with time to kill launching fishing expeditions at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    There certainly seems to be quite a few agents with time to kill launching fishing expeditions at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by hobnob View Post

Not so far - they just promise to email me with the privacy policy, and never do. (I'm not expecting them to, so I'm satisfied just to move past their initial request.)
    Because they are too busy laughing and realise they've just dodged a bullet.

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    Do they laugh when you do?
    Not so far - they just promise to email me with the privacy policy, and never do. (I'm not expecting them to, so I'm satisfied just to move past their initial request.)

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by hobnob View Post
    When agents ask me about that, I invoke GDPR. I.e. they're asking me to provide them with PII (Personally Identifiable Information), so I need to see a copy of their privacy policy which states what they'll use the information for and how long they'll retain it afterwards. That avoids me outright calling them a liar, and then we can either move forward or call it quits.
    Do they laugh when you do?

Leave a comment:

• hobnob
    replied
    When agents ask me about that, I invoke GDPR. I.e. they're asking me to provide them with PII (Personally Identifiable Information), so I need to see a copy of their privacy policy which states what they'll use the information for and how long they'll retain it afterwards. That avoids me outright calling them a liar, and then we can either move forward or call it quits.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/busi...eferences.html

Leave a comment:

• ensignia
    replied
    I got this in a permission to represent email from an agency and just ignored that part of the email and it was fine.

Ended up getting an offer, so didn't affect the process seemingly.

Just ignore their requests or ask them why and they'll soon back down.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Rears it's ugly head again? Nope. It's been this way forever and won't change. Why do you think it's rearing it's head again?

Leave a comment:

• Pre-referencing rears its' ugly head again - times must be tough ...

This is from an on-line ad posted today by an agency called Protiviti ...

===========
    Next steps, if you are interested then please apply to this role with your latest CV so I can shortlist suitably, following this as part of our compliance, we require 2 references/testimonials before profile submission.

Protiviti is a global management consulting firm that delivers deep expertise, objective insights, a tailored approach and unparalleled collaboration to help leaders confidently face the future.
    ===========

Working...
X