• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Question about NPPV Level 3 checks

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about NPPV Level 3 checks

Hi all, this is my first post here and I am new to contacting.

I have been security cleared since 2018. I did have a police caution for actual bodily harm in 2015 which didn't create any problem for SC.

I am currently going through a divorce and while making child arrangements, my ex made a false rape allegation which she says happened in 2010 and registered a complain with the police in Sep 2021. Police haven't reached out to me till now regarding this.

Now I have a contract offer which requires both SC and NPPV level 3. I want to accept the offer, but unsure if I will pass or fail the clearance.

I am currently in a full time role and if I serve my 1 month notice and NPPV fails, I will end up job less. Based on the information, would I pass or fail NPPV level 3?
    Last edited by sapstar; 18 October 2021, 12:29.

Sadly this is the only answer anyone can give you

Click image for larger version

Name:	024E2596-3E94-47D8-BE3B-3287DEE833D3.jpeg
Views:	818
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4187993
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
      Sadly this is the only answer anyone can give you

Click image for larger version

Name:	024E2596-3E94-47D8-BE3B-3287DEE833D3.jpeg
Views:	818
Size:	245.2 KB
ID:	4187993
      Thanks for your response. I get an error that I am not authorised, when I click the link.

Comment

The link says Nobody Knows.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by sapstar View Post

Thanks for your response. I get an error that I am not authorised, when I click the link.
          It said Nobody knows as the thing is we won’t know what the reaction of the people at doing the checks will be - they could see it one way or the other and the rules may have changed since the Wayne Couzens’ case
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

I see. Thanks.

Just to clarify, my end client remains the same. My SC doesn't need to be transferred or reapplied. It's just that an additional NPPV level 3 is needed. I guess nobody will still know the answer

I did find some detailed information on the internet on what offences/open cases will and will not clear police verification for police jobs, but nothing specifically for NPPV.

Would I be able to request the agency that I will serve my notice only after NPPV clearance is confirmed? Not sure if this can only begin after the contract starts.

I didn't go into details, but told the agency that I have concerns about NPPV before the interview. They just brushed it under the carpet staying if you have SC, there is no way NPPV will be rejected. You just need to list everything in the application and you will be fine.
            Last edited by sapstar; 16 October 2021, 21:47.

Comment

I see. Thanks.

Just to clarify, my end client remains the same. My SC doesn't need to be transferred or reapplied. It's just that an additional NPPV level 3 is needed. I guess nobody will still know the answer

I did find some detailed information on the internet on what offences/open cases will and will not clear police verification for police jobs, but nothing specifically for NPPV.

Would I be able to request the agency that I will serve my notice only after NPPV clearance is confirmed? Not sure if this can only begin after the contract starts.

I didn't go into details, but told the agency that I have concerns about NPPV before the interview. They just brushed it under the carpet staying if you have SC, there is no way NPPV will be rejected. You just need to list everything in the application and you will be fine.
              Yes, list everything. Not doing so will fail you immediately.

No it won't be fine. There are two different regimes because they are looking at two different sets of criteria.

As a result we don't know and never will. Try to understand what you're being told.
              Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Don't want to worry you but have you notified your Security Controller of the allegation? Any significant changes need to be flagged and these include "being arrested or cautioned by the police".

Comment

Originally posted by David71 View Post
                  Don't want to worry you but have you notified your Security Controller of the allegation? Any significant changes need to be flagged and these include "being arrested or cautioned by the police".
                  I got my caution in 2015 and did include in my security clearance application which was approved in 2018.
                  I haven't mentioned my client about the new allegation as I am yet to receive anything from the police. I only see a note from my ex's solicitor that a police report was made towards the end of Sep 2021, in a family court hearing early october.
                  Last edited by sapstar; 18 October 2021, 12:28.

Comment

I got my caution in 2015 and did include in my security clearance application which was approved in 2018.
                    I haven't mentioned my client about the new allegation as I am yet to receive anything from the police. I only see a note from my ex's solicitor that a police report was made towards the end of Sep 2021, in a family court hearing early october.
                    And you think that the police team doing the NPPV vet won't know that...?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X