• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agency trying to force they're umbrella companies - can they do this?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agency trying to force they're umbrella companies - can they do this?

I'd rather stay with the one I've been using. Got my pension set up, childcare vouchers but agency are insisting on using one on their list.....

Well aware that part of this is the kickbacks they get. But can they do this? I guess they can refuse to deal with?
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
    I'd rather stay with the one I've been using. Got my pension set up, childcare vouchers but agency are insisting on using one on their list.....

Well aware that part of this is the kickbacks they get. But can they do this? I guess they can refuse to deal with?
    yes. yes.
    They can choose who they do business with, or not.

There are many threads discussing this in the correct forum Umbrella Companies - Contractor UK Bulletin Board
    Noob error!

See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Yes they can

Agencies have valid reasons (tax clawback from HMRC for non payment) to only accept business from umbrella firms they are willing to trust.

You then have two "regulators" who are neither regulators nor actually that competent.

So who is the agency and what umbrellas are they offering. If they are using FCSA ones than give Clarity a call and see what Lucy can do.
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Yes they can

Agencies have valid reasons (tax clawback from HMRC for non payment) to only accept business from umbrella firms they are willing to trust.

You then have two "regulators" who are neither regulators nor actually that competent.

So who is the agency and what umbrellas are they offering. If they are using FCSA ones than give Clarity a call and see what Lucy can do.
        • JSA Group: 0800 252640 (option 2)
        • Advance Contracting Limited : 01244 564 564
        • Orange Genie Limited: 01296 468 483
        • Parasol https://parasolgroup.co.uk/ 08004580818
        • Exact Payroll Limited: 01633 277339

Any recommendations?
        Last edited by NotAllThere; 8 October 2021, 04:30.

Comment

• Advance Contracting Limited : www.advance.online 01244 564 564
          • Orange Genie Limited: 01296 468 483
          • Parasol 08004580818
          • Exact Payroll Limited: .co.uk 01633 277339

Any recommendations?
          Well not Orange Genie for reasons I cannot publish in public.

Nor Advance (for different reasons I again can't publish)

As I said in my previous post as that's an FCSA list, ask if your "existing" umbrella (Clarity) can be used then get Lucy to sort it out
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

If you go look in the Umbrella section where you might have posted this you will see we've many many posts on exactly this question listing the same umbrellas.

Do a search on each of the brolly names to look for feedback and you'll also find the posts where this type of thing has been discussed over the last year.

You've been around here long enough, you should know this type of stuff has been covered so start doing a bit of searching and start putting a bit of effort in to posting in the right part of the forum.

Do your best to push for Clarity Umbrella though. They are FCSA approved so should no reason they can't use them.

To be fair though, I though JSA would have been a dream for you. You could still spout off about being on JSA endlessly
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

• Advance Contracting Limited : 01244 564 564
              • Orange Genie Limited: www.orangegenie.com 01296 468 483
              • Parasol 08004580818
              • Exact Payroll Limited: 01633 277339

Any recommendations?
              Not Parasol for reasons I can't publish
              Nor Exact
              Nor JSA

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                If you go look in the Umbrella section where you might have posted this you will see we've many many posts on exactly this question listing the same umbrellas.

Do a search on each of the brolly names to look for feedback and you'll also find the posts where this type of thing has been discussed over the last year.

You've been around here long enough, you should know this type of stuff has been covered so start doing a bit of searching and start putting a bit of effort in to posting in the right part of the forum.

Do your best to push for Clarity Umbrella though. They are FCSA approved so should no reason they can't use them.

To be fair though, I though JSA would have been a dream for you. You could still spout off about being on JSA endlessly
                Not enough JSA mun or I would - Got my first £149 coming soon.

Comment

Not enough JSA mun or I would - Got my first £149 coming soon.
                  Bearing in mind you had your JSA/UC thread locked in General of all places and the stick you get for mentioning it do you really think that posting that is doing you any favours at all? You really are a prize idiot.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Bearing in mind you had your JSA/UC thread locked in General of all places and the stick you get for mentioning it do you really think that posting that is doing you any favours at all? You really are a prize idiot.
                    Honestly, NLUK you need to chill a bit and get a sense of humour.....

Comment

Working...
                    X