• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Back to permieland - 1 month in

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

...he has said so many negative things....
    Aren't you the one who said "It's better to regret something you've done than something you haven't done." and yet ridiculed when some one tried that?

Comment

You are jacking your job in just because the world is turning back to normal? You had to expect this was going to happen surely?
      You can argue that the world is not turning back to normal. The company is demanding we go back in the office almost like pre-covid. The NEW normal is different.

And no, I was not expecting this from the company because:
      - when they hired me, they kept talking about how much CEO and Head of Department were onboard with remote working on a permanent basis.
      - in the first months, I had the chance to confirm the above from various meetings in which CEO was really pushing the remote working thing.
      - to top it off, more and more companies in the same industry (and also not in the same industry) have embraced remote working and are offering it to their employees as default. Nationwide to name one of the first one to do so

So no, I was not expecting this massive U-turn from senior management.

Comment

Originally posted by jmo21 View Post

Perm again?

And I presume from your reason for leaving, 100% remote?
        Yes, perm again and almost 100% remote. My soon to be line manager said I may be asked to be in the office once every 2 months if necessary. Then for the rest of the time I have complete flexibility: if I want to go in the office 5 days a week, I can do it. If I never want to go in, I can do that too. The sort of autonomy and flexibility I was not given by my old company.

Ah, also 15k raise (although this wasn't a priority, priority was, is and will always be the home working stuff)

Comment

Im happy to go to the office…. Nice canteen not many people clean desks showers and heating system free coffee. It’s not so bad actually

Comment

... clean desks showers ...
            Wow, they're taking hygiene very seriously!

Comment

Here's what bothered me the most and made my blood boil.

Senior management tell us they want us back in at least 3 days a week.

But then you go on the company's intranet and find articles about how well the company has done to lower their carbon footprint and also articles with suggestions on how we can lower our carbon footprint. One article in particular said something along the lines "if you are planning to do a business travel, please try to avoid it and ask yourself: can you do the same activities by using the company's virtual tools?"

Doing business travel is a no no because we need to think about the environment, but hey it's okay to be stuck in traffic 3 days a week.

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

But then you go on the company's intranet and find articles about how well the company has done to lower their carbon footprint and also articles with suggestions on how we can lower our carbon footprint. One article in particular said something along the lines "if you are planning to do a business travel, please try to avoid it and ask yourself: can you do the same activities by using the company's virtual tools?"

Doing business travel is a no no because we need to think about the environment, but hey it's okay to be stuck in traffic 3 days a week.

Yes and? Sounds like you've become a moaning permie fast. The role suits you
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Yes and? Sounds like you've become a moaning permie fast. The role suits you
                  to be fair I was a moaning contractor as well so no news here

Comment

Originally posted by NowPermOutsideUK View Post
                    Im happy to go to the office…. Nice canteen not many people clean desks showers and heating system free coffee. It’s not so bad actually
                    That's fine if you have a nice office within walking/cycling distance etc., Not so great no matter how good the people and canteen are if you are spending hours on a crammed commuter train or stuck starting at tarmac...

Comment

Originally posted by PCTNN View Post

The same senior management will undoubtedly fly business class to meetings as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X