• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

What would you do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What would you do

Hi all. I got a gig inside ir35 with Resorce solutions, I then got another gig (happy to work on both) for 2 months, problem is I only found out later that the second gig is through an agency via resource solutions. Would you chance it and not tell the second gig that you already have a gig via resource solutions even though it’s the same company? Or just leave it as I risk loosing both gigs if the second gig finds out I am already working through them?

I wouldn't risk a longer term gig for a two month extra bit of cash on the side personally. As Resource Solutions do a lot in banks, I'm assuming you'll be working with two different banking clients and that in itself poses an interesting conflict of interest potential.

What do your contracts say about having multiple concurrent clients? You're inside so that means you're their bitch from a supervision, direction and control aspect...

Comment

2 gigs inside IR35 both requiring work during office hours with the same agent

the odds of this not being a story told down the pub at lunchtime are zero - just don’t take the risk
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

There is very little chance can you do two inside IR35 gigs at the same time regardless of whether you think or can or how much you'll be earning. Won't take long for it to fall apart with the distinct possibility of being left with nothing.

Dunno why you even have to ask if the same consultancy is involved. Just sheer greed overtaking your common sense it appears.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'm a contrarian here. The fact is that you can have two employments at the same time so long as it doesn't violate your contractual agreement.

Employment does not equal fixed hours.

However, if your concern is that the agency will notice, then clearly you think your doing something wrong. So don't.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            There is very little chance can you do two inside IR35 gigs at the same time regardless of whether you think or can or how much you'll be earning. Won't take long for it to fall apart with the distinct possibility of being left with nothing.

Dunno why you even have to ask if the same consultancy is involved. Just sheer greed overtaking your common sense it appears.
            Lack of inside IR35 quirks it seems rather than greed.

Comment

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
              I'm a contrarian here. The fact is that you can have two employments at the same time so long as it doesn't violate your contractual agreement.

Employment does not equal fixed hours.

However, if your concern is that the agency will notice, then clearly you think your doing something wrong. So don't.
              Indeed but in 99.999999% it will and it's just the contractor trying to pull the wool over a clients eyes because they aren't in the office. Even less likely if it's inside as well.

And agreed with the comment about the concern. The fact he's even asking means it won't work. If the OP had a clue how ot manage it and the situation clearly allowed it he wouldn't need to ask.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

And if both are through Resource Solutions (who are a MSP) you'd need to do timesheet through their VMS system so that would flag double hours I'd say......

Comment

Originally posted by toastermoster View Post
                  And if both are through Resource Solutions (who are a MSP) you'd need to do timesheet through their VMS system so that would flag double hours I'd say......
                  It depends on how they create user accounts. If they validate your identity then there should be only one account for you.
                  If they don't then you could easily have two different logons. Just make sure you use two different email addresses.

This would be, IMO, fraud though. If I was RSG and found out I'd sue the arse off the OP for all the money paid for both contracts and bankrupt them along the way.

It's a terrible idea. If you want to service multiple clients do it properly, as a business, not as an employee.
                  See You Next Tuesday

Comment

For a start I wouldn't go on a message board naming the agency.

Comment

Working...
                    X