• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract significantly not as described...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contract significantly not as described...

Basically, I was brought in to do A. I'm able to do A, B, C and D

I'm finding I'm now not doing so much of A and a lot more of BC and D. I'm being paid accordingly for an 'A' resource. Not a BC or D one. Worse still, it's a failing project (clearly bring in someone was a last resort and had to be done on the cheap due to massive budget over run / incompetency)

What are my options in terms of alt+f4? Seeing as I'm Outside, surely it would be relatively straight forward unless there's something weird on the contract.

Originally posted by ApeShape View Post

I'm finding I'm now not doing so much of A and a lot more of BC and D. I'm being paid accordingly for an 'A' resource. Not a BC or D one. Worse still, it's a failing project (clearly bring in someone was a last resort and had to be done on the cheap due to massive budget over run / incompetency)

What are my options in terms of alt+f4? Seeing as I'm Outside, surely it would be relatively straight forward unless there's something weird on the contract.
    There is another option. The correct one if you're running a business IMO.

get the SoW/schedule of service updated to reflect B, C & D.
    If they don't want to, point out to them they risk a tax liability if they don't get this right.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Ape, I am interested in the outcome of this as much as the last thread you posted.

Please this time come back with responses and communication to those who are offering help and advice.

Thanks.

Comment

It this were the old days I'd argue you aren't outside as you are subject to D&C from the client and if that is the case I'd guess other elements of your defence are likely to be a sham as well but this is a new day. Do you have an SDS saying you are outside?

If you want to leave just invoke notice. Don't need a reason. If it get's really tulipty and you really do need a reason why then point out the SoW doesn't match the reality and link that to any clauses saying you won't do any work beyond the contract (or the relevant question in the SDS) and point out that's breach. That will cause a massive argument so better to go for the former.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Basically, I was brought in to do A. I'm able to do A, B, C and D.
          If you are not happy to do B, C and D for the same rate as A, then ask for rate increase. And then quit if not given one.

Otherwise you will have to just grin and bear it.

The other option which many contractors use is to do a really bad job with B,C and D. So you dont get asked to keep doing them. Not everyone has the personality to do that.
          Last edited by Fraidycat; 14 April 2021, 17:57.

Comment

Working...
          X