• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.

MVL accountant fee

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

    MVL accountant fee

    Hi,

    I'm looking at charges taken by accountants when closing a LTD via MVL route. I am aware that I also have to pay the liquidator as a separate fee.

    Qaccounting, my current accountant is charging £1000 + VAT to do the below work for MVL closure road.

    · Preparation of Form 4.25 Statement of Assets & Liabilities

    · Preparation, issue, and ultimate submission of liquidation accounts

    · Preparation, issue, and ultimate submission of final CT600

    · Preparation and submission of final VAT Return

    · Liaison with liquidators until final distribution and liquidation completion


    Noted that I have already paid 11 months of my monthly package including all services (LTD + personal tax + Insurances).

    The cost sounds excessive to me. Even more when they say that they only charge £250 + VAT for a "normal closure" of the company where you extract dividends and pay full taxes.

    What extra work is done between a "normal closure" and "MVL closure" apart from liaising with the liquidator?
    I have the impression that the above bullets points/justification would have to be completed anyway in a normal closure isn'it? Does it sound fair?

    Thanks in advance for your wise comments/advises!
















    #2
    Call local accountants and get a figure. Explain that your company is up to date with everything and get the hell off your current accountant. Cease service immediately.

    It'll cost you £250 or so in total. Tell your current accountant to get a grip, as they are taking advantage.

    Comment


      #3
      Speak to Chris Maslin at Maslins/MVL Online. He's done it for quite a few forum regulars. Seem to think 1k isn't bad. When MVL came out there were charges upwards of 3k being banded about.

      IMO don't use a local accountant. I've been stung by that in the past. Use a proper one. Location is irrelevant.

      Not sure why you've posted this in the business section though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

      Comment


        #4
        Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

        Not sure why you've posted this in the business section though.
        or why OP posted a question that is almost identical to the 3 or 4 a week we get
        See You Next Tuesday

        Comment


          #5
          Originally posted by agentzero View Post
          Call local accountants and get a figure. Explain that your company is up to date with everything and get the hell off your current accountant. Cease service immediately.

          It'll cost you £250 or so in total. Tell your current accountant to get a grip, as they are taking advantage.
          I know that he shouldn't cost me more than 500£ + VAT
          On the flip side I have already almost paid the whole year with my current accountant and therefore they will manage my personal tax situation for tax year 21/22.
          So not sure it is the good strategy to stop the service now and search for a new accountant. Also it could slow down MVL process.

          Comment


            #6
            Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Speak to Chris Maslin at Maslins/MVL Online. He's done it for quite a few forum regulars. Seem to think 1k isn't bad. When MVL came out there were charges upwards of 3k being banded about.

            IMO don't use a local accountant. I've been stung by that in the past. Use a proper one. Location is irrelevant.

            Not sure why you've posted this in the business section though.
            ok - thanks for the advise

            Comment


              #7
              Originally posted by philgo View Post

              ok - thanks for the advise
              ADVICE
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

              Comment


                #8
                Originally posted by Lance View Post

                or why OP posted a question that is almost identical to the 3 or 4 a week we get

                which original similar post are you referring to?

                Comment


                  #9
                  Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

                  ADVICE
                  Oups....looks like I still need to improve my English

                  Comment

                  Working...
                  X