• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reply to: MVL accountant fee

Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "MVL accountant fee"

Collapse

• philgo
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

ADVICE
    Oups....looks like I still need to improve my English

Leave a comment:

• philgo
    replied
    Originally posted by Lance View Post

or why OP posted a question that is almost identical to the 3 or 4 a week we get

which original similar post are you referring to?

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by philgo View Post

ok - thanks for the advise
    ADVICE

Leave a comment:

• philgo
    replied
    Speak to Chris Maslin at Maslins/MVL Online. He's done it for quite a few forum regulars. Seem to think 1k isn't bad. When MVL came out there were charges upwards of 3k being banded about.

IMO don't use a local accountant. I've been stung by that in the past. Use a proper one. Location is irrelevant.

Not sure why you've posted this in the business section though.
    ok - thanks for the advise

Leave a comment:

• philgo
    replied
    Originally posted by agentzero View Post
    Call local accountants and get a figure. Explain that your company is up to date with everything and get the hell off your current accountant. Cease service immediately.

It'll cost you £250 or so in total. Tell your current accountant to get a grip, as they are taking advantage.
    I know that he shouldn't cost me more than 500£ + VAT
    On the flip side I have already almost paid the whole year with my current accountant and therefore they will manage my personal tax situation for tax year 21/22.
    So not sure it is the good strategy to stop the service now and search for a new accountant. Also it could slow down MVL process.

Leave a comment:

• Lance
    replied

or why OP posted a question that is almost identical to the 3 or 4 a week we get

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Speak to Chris Maslin at Maslins/MVL Online. He's done it for quite a few forum regulars. Seem to think 1k isn't bad. When MVL came out there were charges upwards of 3k being banded about.

IMO don't use a local accountant. I've been stung by that in the past. Use a proper one. Location is irrelevant.

Leave a comment:

• agentzero
    replied
    Call local accountants and get a figure. Explain that your company is up to date with everything and get the hell off your current accountant. Cease service immediately.

It'll cost you £250 or so in total. Tell your current accountant to get a grip, as they are taking advantage.

Leave a comment:

• philgo
    started a topic MVL accountant fee

MVL accountant fee

Hi,

I'm looking at charges taken by accountants when closing a LTD via MVL route. I am aware that I also have to pay the liquidator as a separate fee.

Qaccounting, my current accountant is charging £1000 + VAT to do the below work for MVL closure road.

· Preparation of Form 4.25 Statement of Assets & Liabilities

· Preparation, issue, and ultimate submission of liquidation accounts

· Preparation, issue, and ultimate submission of final CT600

· Preparation and submission of final VAT Return

· Liaison with liquidators until final distribution and liquidation completion

Noted that I have already paid 11 months of my monthly package including all services (LTD + personal tax + Insurances).

The cost sounds excessive to me. Even more when they say that they only charge £250 + VAT for a "normal closure" of the company where you extract dividends and pay full taxes.

What extra work is done between a "normal closure" and "MVL closure" apart from liaising with the liquidator?
    I have the impression that the above bullets points/justification would have to be completed anyway in a normal closure isn'it? Does it sound fair?

Thanks in advance for your wise comments/advises!

Working...
X