• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

caught in IR35, recruitment agency role?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Nancy Little View Post
    Yes, my agency recommend three Umbrella companies to me, but my client said I need to investigate the Umbrella company myself if I wish to switch agency. That confused me. If I hire a umbrella company, my agency will stop working for me. And my new situation is Client-- umbrella--me?
    And think all your problems come down to a really poor grasp of the English language.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Of course your client can't recommend an umbrella but you already said your agent can.

I can't help. Your English is so bad your post makes no sense. I am starting to think sockie. No one can work for a client with that level of English even if you are a coder.
      You might be surprised... QA software manager (permie) at my current client (multinational corporation) has at least 2 mistakes in every sentence. Makes me cringe, and I am not a native English speaker either.

This is no joke! In addition to that he is completely useless! But has an MBA from a UK university... possibly the worst recruiting mistake in the history of that company!

Oh and he uses ''the" in front of everyone's name when he talks about them...

Comment

Originally posted by Nancy Little View Post
        Yes, my agency recommend three Umbrella companies to me, but my client said I need to investigate the Umbrella company myself if I wish to switch agency. That confused me. If I hire a umbrella company, my agency will stop working for me. And my new situation is Client-- umbrella--me?
        you don't hire an agency or an umbrella. They hire you.

When you say the agency take 10%, do they then loan you the money as a tax avoidance vehicle? That's the only situation I'm aware of where 10% is taken from your day rate before you getting it.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post

You might be surprised... QA software manager (permie) at my current client (multinational corporation) has at least 2 mistakes in every sentence. Makes me cringe, and I am not a native English speaker either.

This is no joke! In addition to that he is completely useless! But has an MBA from a UK university... possibly the worst recruiting mistake in the history of that company!

Oh and he uses ''the" in front of everyone's name when he talks about them...
          I kind of new there would be cases like this. I've also come across them as well. I think my comment was more a wish than a statement I think

Comment

I kind of new there would be cases like this. I've also come across them as well. I think my comment was more a wish than a statement I think
            knew
            See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post

knew
              I'm from Yorkshire. English isn't my strong point either.

Comment

I'm from Yorkshire. English isn't my strong point either.
                You can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much.
                See You Next Tuesday

Comment

All your base are belong to us

Comment

Working...
                  X