• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Fix Term Contract - they keep postponing the start date

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fix Term Contract - they keep postponing the start date

Hi all,

I got FTC job with a consultancy company to start on the 18th of January. (contract signed)

Since the middle of January they keep postponing the start date due to some "IR35" documentation the customer needs (a big bank which does not accept contractors anymore, only FTC)

I am quite disappointed with the situation. I switched from contractor to FTC (temporarily) accepting all disadvantages on taxes and salary, but I should not being penalised because on their delays...

Which options I have?

Thanks!

Originally posted by Londonup View Post
    Hi all,

I got FTC job with a consultancy company to start on the 18th of January. (contract signed)

Since the middle of January they keep postponing the start date due to some "IR35" documentation the customer needs (a big bank which does not accept contractors anymore, only FTC)

I am quite disappointed with the situation. I switched from contractor to FTC (temporarily) accepting all disadvantages on taxes and salary, but I should not being penalised because on their delays...

Which options I have?

Thanks!
    wait or leave.....
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
      wait or leave.....
      This.

First rule of fight club: Never stop looking for work until your bum is on the seat.

Comment

Hi all,

Which options I have?

Thanks!
        Keep on "looking" and "interviewing" until the damn thing is signed and countersigned.

How long is your FTC for, if you don't me asking?

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
          Keep on "looking" and "interviewing" until the damn thing is signed and countersigned.

How long is your FTC for, if you don't me asking?
          sounds like it is signed.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

All signed. 1 year FTC

Comment

All signed. 1 year FTC
              Big bank sees an issue with this

Your never starting

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Hi all,

Since the middle of January they keep postponing the start date
                Either it's a fixed term contract in which case they have to pay you, or it's not a fixed term contract and they might not. Read it and see.

Comment

FTC's are the worst option of all. No security at all and none of the pay to make up for the lack of security.

Late starts are part of contracting, even FTC's. Nothing you can do but keep looking.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by hugebrain View Post
                    Either it's a fixed term contract in which case they have to pay you, or it's not a fixed term contract and they might not. Read it and see.
                    Not with a changing start date. Depends what the contract says about that.

But in general you’re right in that it’s an employment contract so you get paid. Just not of it hasn’t started.
                    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
                    X