• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Anyone running two contracts simultaneously,one inside,one outside?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by youngguy View Post
    I've seen the contract and it says it is permissable as long as there is no conflict of interest, which is actually pretty much the same as what my 'main contract' says. I can see how that could be an issue if you were working for two competitors in the same market but that won't apply for me
    Does it actually say its permissable or are you assuming that as there appears to be a lack of the information required to lock it down?
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

The new gig is direct with a startup (outside) and the main one (inside) is via an agency that the company is using as the employment business. You can then face off to any umbrella on their PSL, eg Orange Giant,Paystream etc)
      but if you haven't chosen the umbrella how can you know what the employment contract says?
      Or have you chosen but are just being obtuse?
      See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
        but if you haven't chosen the umbrella how can you know what the employment contract says?
        Or have you chosen but are just being obtuse?
        Admittedly I do ignore certain negative posts and posters , but I don't intend to be obtuse (and I am not saying your good self falls under that category).

I've spoke to a number of umbrellas and asked them specifically about running two contracts. Two have also shown me paperwork, I just haven't made a final decision yet.

In my conversations with half a dozen or so to date, I haven't found any that had working restrictions.

They did make it clear that if you billed (even a day) in a week you would pay the full weekly fee but aside from that all they said was that it was my responsibility to ensure my tax affairs were in order. A couple would do SA for a fee, some wouldn't touch it if you have two inomes (but my accountant can handle that anyway).

Comment

Admittedly I do ignore certain negative posts and posters , but I don't intend to be obtuse (and I am not saying your good self falls under that category).

I've spoke to a number of umbrellas and asked them specifically about running two contracts. Two have also shown me paperwork, I just haven't made a final decision yet.

In my conversations with half a dozen or so to date, I haven't found any that had working restrictions.

They did make it clear that if you billed (even a day) in a week you would pay the full weekly fee but aside from that all they said was that it was my responsibility to ensure my tax affairs were in order. A couple would do SA for a fee, some wouldn't touch it if you have two inomes (but my accountant can handle that anyway).
          OK. Understood.
          Was just making sure you had done some dilligence.

Good luck. And remember, if both clients want the same work, you can charge them both for the same time.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Working...
          X