• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract Opportunities

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smoggy
    replied
    Our Swiss Fin-tech client is currently looking for an Android Developer to join on an 4 month contract. In this role you would analyse and design software solutions to ensure the best possible performance for their mobile application.
    • Analyse and design software solutions and implement, test, and technically document features of mobile banking solution
    • Ensure the best possible performance, quality, and responsiveness of the mobile application
    • Use various tool to develop the mobile banking solution for e-banking clients that uses Android devices
    • Actively involved in the development process of our products

Experience:
    • 3+ years of experience working with mobile application development
    • Clear understanding of the full mobile development life cycle
    • Proficient in Kotlin, Android Studio and Play Store submission process
    • Excellent grasp of Android concepts and standards related to user interface, data storage, encryption, security, and performance

This Android Developer opportunity is urgent, and the business will be looking to get people started in the next couple of weeks. If you are interested please reach out to [email protected].

Leave a comment:

• Smoggy
    replied
    Whoosh! Yes indeed, apologies.

Leave a comment:

• jamesbrown
    replied
    Originally posted by Smoggy View Post
    I doubt they'll find many actuaries that double up as Azure Cloud Engineers. Unless I'm missing something. Is Azure not something some of you guys do? Nothing about the advert suggests they'd need an actuary.
    I guess you missed the joke - see the highlighted bit.

Leave a comment:

• Smoggy
    replied
    I doubt they'll find many actuaries that double up as Azure Cloud Engineers. Unless I'm missing something. Is Azure not something some of you guys do? Nothing about the advert suggests they'd need an actuary.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by Smoggy View Post
    This appeared on an actuaries site but sounds more relevant for one of you IT boffins.

My client is looking for a professional to hit the ground running and start the Windows file share migrations to Azure File shares with AD integration straight away without undertaking knowledge learning exercise first.
    Looks like you've wasted a bit of internet space posting this here then
    Last edited by northernladuk; 3 March 2023, 10:44.

Leave a comment:

• Smoggy
    replied
    This appeared on an actuaries site but sounds more relevant for one of you IT boffins.

Azure Cloud Engineer

I am currently on the market with an exciting contract opportunity for an Azure Cloud Engineer to assist with a large separation programme. You must have experience migrating Windows file shares to Azure File Shares.

This is a fully remote position and Outside IR35.

Deliverables:

- To assist with the separation of Data.

- Set up Azure Monitor and use log analytics to make custom dashboards for support teams.

- Explore possibilities of Migrating to Azure File Shares.

- RBAC review, best practice implementation.

- Vulnerability review and remediation

My client is looking for a professional to hit the ground running and start the Windows file share migrations to Azure File shares with AD integration straight away without undertaking knowledge learning exercise first.

If this opportunity sounds of interest to yourself please apply below or send your most up to date CV to [email protected]

https://www.theactuaryjobs.com/job/1...ure-developer/

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    SLOW WAY PROJECT
    Android Developer / Agency

(UK based)

We are looking for an Android developer or UK based Android development house to develop the Slow Ways Android application. The application has already been specced, designed and built by our iOS developer and all the necessary APIs have been created. We require an Android developer to take the iOS app (currently in testing) as a spec and to develop it for the Android platform. Experience of building native feature rich Android apps that consume external APIs and with mapping functionality is essential. Working knowledge of the ESRI Android SDK is desirable.

This is a fixed price contract with an ongoing maintenance and support contract.

For more information please contact our Chief Technologist [email protected].

Applications close: 23.59 on Friday, 7th October 2022

https://beta.slowways.org/Page/job-v...s-at-slow-ways

Leave a comment:

• KentDogWalker
    replied
    i know a bunch of perl permies..

Leave a comment:

• eek
    replied
    Anyone know Perl and want an inside IR35 but probably very easy NHS contract?

I've received it because I do have Perl on ancient CVs and I suspect they are getting very desperate...

Leave a comment:

• cojak
    replied
    Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I have no doubt. Apparently they're refusing to budge on a huge heap of things and it's been a month since the job first came out and yet the client won't compromise.

Thought it might be worth sharing nonetheless
    I'd just wish them luck.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X