• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will more jobs be outsourced to India after Rishi Sunak is the Chancellor?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cirrus View Post
    How many times have I been at a client where ten years ago Accenture etc came in, raped and pillaged, and got thrown out, after £millions had gone down the drain, only to find: guess who's here again in greater numbers than before? Yes - you've got it.

Clients have no memory whatsoever.
    Exactly this. I watched Accidenture get offed a project once after doing in a massive budget and handing over, literally, a list of stuff that hadn't been completed yet (like nearly all of it). Less than a month later they were back on an even bigger project for the same client. Happens all the time. Same client brought another big consultancy in for a transformation program, binned them half way through and brought Accidenture in when their previous record was, at best, tulipe.

Anyone who thinks this will lead to 'taking back control' of UK IT projects by UK contractors is borderline mental.
    When freedom comes along, don't PISH in the water supply.....

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
      Yes, they'll get TCS in instead

You're deluded if you think these companies will all of a sudden start demanding on-shore resources only.
      I've been at several clients where no offshoring will occur going forward. Does that mean others won't? Of course not.

You're deluded if you think *some* clients aren't aware that they've been gouged by Indian companies for years and will repeat the same.

Comment

Priti Patel has gone ahead and done the opposite of what should have been done
        Blue collar workers will be prevented from coming which will result in shortage of farm workers, care home staff, hospitality sector and construction workers. The flood gates have been opened for white collar jobs with no limit.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post
          Priti Patel has gone ahead and done the opposite of what should have been done
          Blue collar workers will be prevented from coming which will result in shortage of farm workers, care home staff, hospitality sector and construction workers. The flood gates have been opened for white collar jobs with no limit.
          She's gone and done exactly what they promised to do - not allowing low paid immigrants to come into the country taking low paid work.

It will probably cause more problem then it solves (and won't solve anything at all) but it's what a lot of people voted for in 2016.
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had this interesting exchange via LinkedIn. Got a connection request out of the blue from "Robert"

Hi Paralytic, Are you looking for any " Scrum Master " permanent position at London,UK. Skills: Scrum Management, Agile, Planning , Stakeholder Management, JIRA/Confluence If you are interested Please share your cv to surekha@companynameredacted.com Regards, Robert.
            Note the mismatch between the name and email address. A search on the email address finds another person at the same consultancy. The consultancy's LinkedIn page has not been updated in months but has advertised for both UK and India based roles previously.

I was bored (and not actually looking for a permanent role) but I replied anyway as I always like to keep abreast of the market:

Hi Robert, Can you share a job description and the package on offer for this role? Kind regards, Paralytic
            And got

sure,
            Then:

Just now my colleague surekha share a jd please check your mail.
            And I then got a job description by email.

"I am Surekha from <consultancy redacted>. I Just wanted to check your interest on the below position as, Appreciate if you revert back me with your updated CV, ASAP."

and then a generic JD, still with no salary details, but containing:

"Expected salary per year:"

Real, or CV harvesting? Are Surekha and Robert the same person?

Comment

Originally posted by Paralytic View Post
              Just had this interesting exchange via LinkedIn. Got a connection request out of the blue from "Robert"

Note the mismatch between the name and email address. A search on the email address finds another person at the same consultancy. The consultancy's LinkedIn page has not been updated in months but has advertised for both UK and India based roles previously.

I was bored (and not actually looking for a permanent role) but I replied anyway as I always like to keep abreast of the market:

And got

Then:

And I then got a job description by email.

"I am Surekha from <consultancy redacted>. I Just wanted to check your interest on the below position as, Appreciate if you revert back me with your updated CV, ASAP."

and then a generic JD, still with no salary details, but containing:

"Expected salary per year:"

Real, or CV harvesting? Are Surekha and Robert the same person?
              Mate. See the other forum thread Indian Recruitment companies ... and the last page gives the general assessment so far.
              Last edited by rocktronAMP; 21 February 2020, 16:25.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                She's gone and done exactly what they promised to do - not allowing low paid immigrants to come into the country taking low paid work.

It will probably cause more problem then it solves (and won't solve anything at all) but it's what a lot of people voted for in 2016.
                So I guess that means opening up the market to foreigners for high paid, high skills jobs...but reserving all the low paid, low skilled jobs for the natives.
                I'm not sure many of those voters had thought that one through.

Comment

Originally posted by fargaman View Post
                  So I guess that means opening up the market to foreigners for high paid, high skills jobs...but reserving all the low paid, low skilled jobs for the natives.
                  I'm not sure many of those voters had thought that one through.
                  Those who voted Brexit in Leyland after the Aldi next to the council estate opened without a single UK worker did....
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

you are deluded if you think the removing of the cap and lowering the salary requirement in these new immigration rules will do anything but

• result in an absolutely huge influx of overseas IT workers.
                    • put a limit on how much companies will pay for UK IT permanent roles
                    • remove the need for a flexible uk workforce i.e. contractors

the end.

Comment

'ng echo in here

Comment

Working...
                      X