• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Japanese Bank Contract Experiences

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Japanese Bank Contract Experiences

I have a contract lead at one of the major Japanese banks based in London.

Welcome anyone's experiences in working in such an environment; culture, hours, home working etc. I've undertaken banking roles before, although only for UK banks.

I've worked for Japanese clients in Japan. They work you hard, but are very polite and respectful. The question is how much different are their corporate practices outside Japan - and this will vary by company. You'll really only get a good answer if you can find a contractor who's done a similar role to yours at the same client in London.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Mizuho are more of an English culture. Very laid back but some of the managers are real tools & very political.
      Mitsubishi are a mixture of Japanese & English not so laid back.
      Daiwa are very Japanese culture wise the environment is also pretty harsh & very political.
      Nomura are probably the worse its very political & if you do not fit they will get rid of pretty quick without any warning.

IME Mitsubishi is the best one of those four I mentioned to work at as they are so laid back contractors tend to stick around a long time!

Comment

Can't resist

Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on HBOS in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.In the last 7 hours Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches. Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black. Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.

Comment

and this comedian is?

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
            Following the problems in the sub-prime lending market in America and the run on HBOS in the UK, uncertainty has now hit Japan.In the last 7 hours Origami Bank has folded, Sumo Bank has gone belly up and Bonsai Bank announced plans to cut some of its branches. Yesterday, it was announced that Karaoke Bank is up for sale and will likely go for a song, while today shares in Kamikaze Bank were suspended after they nose-dived.Samurai Bank is soldiering on following sharp cutbacks, Ninja Bank is reported to have taken a hit, but they remain in the black. Furthermore, 500 staff at Karate Bank got the chop and analysts report that there is something fishy going on at Sushi Bank where it is feared that staff may get a raw deal.
            Maybe next time I'll post in Business/Contracts section. Oh hang on... (quite an amusing post however...)

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post

Funniest thing I've read since PC's posting history. Very good.
              'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Meetings are great you agree the outcome before the meeting then turn up

Comment

Bring a sleeping bag.
                  ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                    Daiwa are very Japanese culture wise the environment is also pretty harsh & very political.
                    That was my experience there as well. Filled with aggressive incompetents. They needed me though so I enjoyed telling some of their senior folk to fook right orf when anyone tried it on with me.

Comment

Working...
                    X