• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Finish before Easter or extend to mid July - WWYD

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finish before Easter or extend to mid July - WWYD

my current contract ends just before Easter and I've been offered an extension that finished just before the summer holidays, so both end around the time hiring managers (or folk needed to sign off contracts) disappear on holidays.

What would you do? I'm leaning towards turning down the extension - easter is shorter than the summer break and is usually when shiny new budgets are burning a hole in people's pockets.

Interested in hearing other people's thoughts

Any chance of another extension after July?

Comment

Slim chance of an additional extension, if there was one it'd bring me up to September i'd say

Comment

That makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltd ability View Post
          my current contract ends just before Easter and I've been offered an extension that finished just before the summer holidays, so both end around the time hiring managers (or folk needed to sign off contracts) disappear on holidays.

What would you do? I'm leaning towards turning down the extension - easter is shorter than the summer break and is usually when shiny new budgets are burning a hole in people's pockets.

Interested in hearing other people's thoughts
          You needs to give us a bit more information before we can inform you. Based on my current circumstances I would renew.

Comment

Originally posted by kaiser78 View Post
            You needs to give us a bit more information before we can inform you. Based on my current circumstances I would renew.
            +1

Renew, have a summer holiday and start a new contract in September.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

What sort of info would help? it's a BA gig - my background is banking but this isn't a banking role. Market seems to be fairly healthy at the moment (i'm in Scotland). Took a reduced rate on this role as it's fairly interesting

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                That makes absolutely no sense to me at all.
                What he appears to be saying is "should I turn down work now in the hope of getting other work, or take work being offered and see what happens at the end of it?"
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  What he appears to be saying is "should I turn down work now in the hope of getting other work, or take work being offered and see what happens at the end of it?"
                  Hmm.. I hoped it was better than that. A decision that is based on client managers being on holiday and clients having new budgets then want to spend is beyond flawed.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Ltd ability View Post
                    What sort of info would help? it's a BA gig - my background is banking but this isn't a banking role. Market seems to be fairly healthy at the moment (i'm in Scotland). Took a reduced rate on this role as it's fairly interesting
                    Really???? Given the number of contractors RBS have kicked out what I'm hearing on the grapevine is very different...
                    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                    X