• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wipro consultancy rate

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tell them you charge £1200 a day and see what happens. If they agree, great. Otherwise ask them what they're prepared to pay. If they say £400 just laugh down the phone until they hang up.

It all depends on how desperate they are.
    Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
      Wipro like the other Indian outsourcers, Cognizant, Infosys, HCL, Infosys, etc... are liars, unreliable, racist, slave traders, tax avoiders, immigration law breakers, who are likely to promise much but deliver little, be unreliable payers and suck you dry. they are the modern day equivalents of slave ship captains and should be treated as such.
      Apart from the above, they are really OK
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It never fails to amuse me how gullible UK management is in the face of Offshore salesmen.
        The phrase 'too good to be true' never seems to occur to them.

I've never worked for or with Wipro. I shared an open plan office with some of them once;
        never have I met such a noisy, inconsiderate bunch of tossers.

Comment

I'm good to go then

I've a call set up with a client contact - a UK chap going on their name. Will hopefully get the low-down and take it from there.

Even though I'd like to ingratiate myself with the vendor, £400pd may be a little low...

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
            I'm good to go then

I've a call set up with a client contact - a UK chap going on their name. Will hopefully get the low-down and take it from there.

Even though I'd like to ingratiate myself with the vendor, £400pd may be a little low...
            You won't be integrating yourself with the vendor you will be collateral damage and the point of blame allowing WiPro to cover WiPro's screw ups. And will be binned as soon as they can / need to depending on why you were brought in.

But if you haven't worked that out yet from the comments above, go for it...
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              You won't be integrating yourself with the vendor you will be collateral damage and the point of blame allowing WiPro to cover WiPro's screw ups. And will be binned as soon as they can / need to depending on why you were brought in.

But if you haven't worked that out yet from the comments above, go for it...
              This +1.

Even if you agree a decent enough rate they will do everything to try and get this reduced even after you have signed.
              The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                Then pay the driver to drive into a cargo plane going to the other side of the world.
                Ask the cargo charter pilot very kindly and gratefully to drop you off at Cape Canaveral while you are at, find the Space X rocket, climb up inside the capsule and strap yourself in from the helluva ride.

Comment

Originally posted by CoolCat View Post
                  Wipro like the other Indian outsourcers, Cognizant, Infosys, HCL, Infosys, etc... are liars, unreliable, racist, slave traders, tax avoiders, immigration law breakers, who are likely to promise much but deliver little, be unreliable payers and suck you dry. they are the modern day equivalents of slave ship captains and should be treated as such.
                  That's grossly unfair, CoolCat. Slave ship captains had a product which they delivered- this lot can't even manage that.

Comment

Originally posted by rocktronAMP View Post
                    Ask the cargo charter pilot very kindly and gratefully to drop you off at Cape Canaveral while you are at, find the Space X rocket, climb up inside the capsule and strap yourself in from the helluva ride.
                    Once in orbit flag down the nearest alien galaxy class starship and ask to be taken to Alpha Centauri... you should be safe there.

Comment

Originally posted by SlipTheJab View Post
                      Once in orbit flag down the nearest alien galaxy class starship and ask to be taken to Alpha Centauri... you should be safe there.
                      ...but don't forget to bring a towel.
                      If you're lucky, hitch a ride with Tricia McMillan and ask her to make a booking for you at the restaurant, she knows where it is.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X