• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Reskilling - Course Recommendations Please

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Wetti Big Deal Birnathi View Post
    Yes, but my CV is shows I have been in the position of 8 developer roles and they are listed in chronicle logical order to my most recent post so I posit I have just a good of a chance as the next man.
    If you're a developer why do you want to learn the server side of Sharepoint?
    It's quite a leap moving from content to infrastructure if you have no infra experience?
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Yep to possibly get through the cv filter and then get an interview.

As an aside Do you have the legal right to work for yourself in the uk or are you tied by your visa.
        Yes, Tier 2 general but I can find another sponsor in a recruiting capability so it should be no problem.

Comment

Yes, Tier 2 general but I can find another sponsor in a recruiting capability so it should be no problem.
          Wrong.

http://www.immigrationboards.com/uk-...g-t149009.html
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Lance View Post
            If you're a developer why do you want to learn the server side of Sharepoint?
            It's quite a leap moving from content to infrastructure if you have no infra experience?
            There is server side development that interests me such as Web Parts and MOSS.

It interests me because I see that there is a demand for these skills and remuneration is commensurate with what I aim to be earning.

I have also considered BI as well. My mind isn't fully made up.

Comment

You cannot contract on a Tier 2 it is expressly forbidden as is any work via an intermediary.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                You cannot contract on a Tier 2 it is expressly forbidden as is any work via an intermediary.
                No, it's possible.

Comment

No, it's possible.
                  You are now arguing against our resident visa expert. But if you know better go ahead.
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

No, it's possible.
                    It's not. Not legally anyway and l know more about this than you I can assure you.

If you plan to attempt to do this you will be in serious trouble the least of which will be a ten year ban from the UK who's laws you are abusing.

Hint: ten years is effectively permanent.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                      It's not. Not legally anyway and l know more about this than you I can assure you.

If you plan to attempt to do this you will be in serious trouble the least of which will be a ten year ban from the UK who's laws you are abusing.

Hint: ten years is effectively permanent.
                      Why? If I am hired by a consultancy on a contract basis they will act as the recruiter as well as providing client services and of course they will deduct the monies from my earnings for paying income tax.

I am not planning on setting up my own pty.

Comment

Working...
                      X