• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Indian recruitment consultancies operating in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had message from linkedin with smartedge with one name then phone call with another persons name. from smart edge solutions.

They was bit pushy to submit my CV quite quick and said client waiting. so i submit my CV and now i see this thread.

What risk have i got into by submitting my CV? what do they do with these CV's usually?

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
      No but you can put it there yourself if you want.

There seem to be an increased activity from the Indian agencies
      About 75% of them call from 020 3 numbers. I have now about 100 blocked numbers in that range and can see lots of calls from those numbers tried to reach me over the past week, the annoying thing is that they can still leave voice messages even when they are blocked and they keep calling from new numbers.

Updated list:
      First Tek Inc.
      Test Yantra Software solutions
      Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
      Staffing Prime
      Smartedge Solutions Ltd
      TESTQ Technologies Ltd
      Dabster Systems UK Limited
      TGC World
      NP Tech Solutions Limited
      Data Inc UK
      Aguila consulting
      avance services
      DNS recruitment
      LG recruit
      m-power plus
      damcosoft
      black apple solutions
      IxCeed
      Cubestech
      SilverLink
      SidTech
      Nityo also known as Nityo Infotech
      JKT or JK Technosoft Ltd.
      Two more:

eTeam
      Code Convergence

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
        Two more:
        Updated list:
        First Tek Inc.
        Test Yantra Software solutions
        Infoplus Technologies UK Ltd
        Staffing Prime
        Smartedge Solutions Ltd
        TESTQ Technologies Ltd
        Dabster Systems UK Limited
        TGC World
        NP Tech Solutions Limited
        Data Inc UK
        Aguila consulting
        avance services
        DNS recruitment
        LG recruit
        m-power plus
        damcosoft
        black apple solutions
        IxCeed
        Cubestech
        SilverLink
        SidTech
        Nityo also known as Nityo Infotech
        JKT or JK Technosoft Ltd.
        eTeam
        Code Convergence

Comment

Originally posted by checkmate View Post
          I had message from linkedin with smartedge with one name then phone call with another persons name. from smart edge solutions.

They was bit pushy to submit my CV quite quick and said client waiting. so i submit my CV and now i see this thread.

What risk have i got into by submitting my CV? what do they do with these CV's usually?
          First of all block the agent in your Linkedin

You will now be spammed by Indian agencies for the rest of your life (they don't do GDPR, one claimed they did, but when I tried to follow the link to their unsubscribe it didn't work)

You receive call and email at the same time about a certain role
          you refuse
          next agency calls about the same role and email at the same time
          Repeat the above a couple of times

Comment

Originally posted by checkmate View Post

The big clue is always a request for upfront details in the job advert:

Full name:
            Date of Birth:
            VISA:
            Passport:
            Right to work in the UK:

Absolute minimal bare job specification (especially from banking clients).
            I remembered that the job specs from Deutsche, RBS, Lloyds etc ran to 4-8 pages of PDF / Word with the culture, inequality.

If I said £700 per day is the limit, then they counteract: how about £650, please would you reconsider?
            If I said £600 per day is the limit, then they counteract: how about £550, please would you reconsider?
            If I said £500 per day is the limit, then they counteract: how about £450, please would you reconsider?

So these roles, most of the time, are sourced from a mate / cousin already with a link to hiring team.
            The phone interview or initial discussion is almost certainly with a consultancy or the distant cousin.
            Then if you choose to pursue it, you will have F2F with the consultancy, and then I don't know.
            Are you going to meet staff who actually work for the banking (ultimate) client?

Also, I wonder what ever would happen, suddenly, if there is a contractual dispute with pay. Are you suddenly going to jump on a jetplane to Pune / Hyderbrad to sort it with the Indian consultancy?

I realised that I could be biased here, so if someone has the defending position then go ahead and talk ...

Comment

Its going to be fun dealing with these jokers from April 2020. Last time I asked one of them about IR35 and I was simply ignored. They just kept talking about the spec as if reading from a script. Finally "So are you interested in new job opportunity?"

Comment

Originally posted by CheeseSlice View Post
                Its going to be fun dealing with these jokers from April 2020. Last time I asked one of them about IR35 and I was simply ignored. They just kept talking about the spec as if reading from a script. Finally "So are you interested in new job opportunity?"
                As if? They are reading fromma script and use funny language such as "I have the job opportunity for you".

Comment

Adroit People Ltd

What SIC codes are used by recruitment agencies / consultancies? Can somebody make a list of all businesses with one of those SIC codes and filter by Indian-sounding names of directors/shareholders?

Example:
                  62020 - Information technology consultancy activities
                  Last edited by JamesBrown11; 5 January 2020, 09:32.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesBrown11 View Post
                    Can somebody make a list of all businesses with one of those SIC codes and filter by Indian-sounding names of directors/shareholders?

Example:
                    62020 - Information technology consultancy activities
                    No and why? That wouldn't achieve anything other than discriminate people with Indian family names.

There will be plenty of proper agencies with Indian directors and staff so it would be unfair to list them based on their name or even nationality.

Comment

All the tech Indians nationals I know are planning to come over post brexit when new rules kick in - anyone that gets an offer of £35K+ will be most welcome when new visa rules kick in

That will be the real end of uk contractor contracting

Sent from my iPhone using Contractor UK Forum

Comment

Working...
                      X