• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Going back into Perm

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going back into Perm

After many year contracting i've decided to throw in the towel and go back into perm work.
    I've enjoyed contracting but I just don't feel the market is strong anymore and I need job stability.
    In fact this year has been very difficult for me as i've had two contracts collapse due to budget funding.
    I wont miss the London commute as my new job is only 10 min from home but will miss the banter on here.
    If the new job works out i'll close my company down next month.

"hasta la vista"

No need to leave CUK - it's surprising how many permies there are on here

Good luck!

Comment

I'll be back [emoji41]

Comment

Good luck buddy.

Am thinking of permiedom myself, probably next year, unless I semi-retire by then (at least from I.T.).

Comment

Good luck.
          The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

I was probably one month away from doing the same, but managed to bag a gig. It ends mid Sept, but can't afford any more gaps so you never know...

Beware the dark side, seductive it is...

qh
            He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Join us!
              "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

seriously considering this for next year myself. Maybe for a few years... nothing to do with contracting, or supply of work, but more the changes around IR35 for public sector gigs, which means I would need to charge the ridiculous rates I hate to see to make it worth doing.

it's ok though, I'm sure a big consultancy can fill the void I leave, on 5 to 10 times a day what I charge....

Comment

Hoping the market picks up after the summer holidays and I won't have to consider it.

Comment

Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
                    Hoping the market picks up after the summer holidays and I won't have to consider it.
                    You mean for a month or two before the xmas quiet period starts to kick in?
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X