• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!
Collapse

You are not logged in or you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

• You are not logged in. If you are already registered, fill in the form below to log in, or follow the "Sign Up" link to register a new account.
  • You may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
  • If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Previously on "Going back into Perm"

Collapse

• MrMarkyMark
    replied
    Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
    The October/April rotation is the best time to secure contracts usually, at least that's what I've found.
    That having been said, I will be right with you, contract commencing approx 3 weeks

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    You mean for a month or two before the xmas quiet period starts to kick in?
    The October/April rotation is the best time to secure contracts usually, at least that's what I've found.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
    With a week off for half term in the middle, obviously.

Still, nice weather at the moment.

Leave a comment:

• northernladuk
    replied
    Originally posted by SussexSeagull View Post
    Hoping the market picks up after the summer holidays and I won't have to consider it.

Leave a comment:

• SussexSeagull
    replied
    Hoping the market picks up after the summer holidays and I won't have to consider it.

Leave a comment:

• Danglekt
    replied
    seriously considering this for next year myself. Maybe for a few years... nothing to do with contracting, or supply of work, but more the changes around IR35 for public sector gigs, which means I would need to charge the ridiculous rates I hate to see to make it worth doing.

it's ok though, I'm sure a big consultancy can fill the void I leave, on 5 to 10 times a day what I charge....

Leave a comment:

• MyUserName
    replied
    Join us!

Leave a comment:

• quackhandle
    replied
    I was probably one month away from doing the same, but managed to bag a gig. It ends mid Sept, but can't afford any more gaps so you never know...

Beware the dark side, seductive it is...

qh

Leave a comment:

• LondonManc
    replied
    Good luck.

Leave a comment:

• ChimpMaster
    replied
    Good luck buddy.

Am thinking of permiedom myself, probably next year, unless I semi-retire by then (at least from I.T.).

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    replied
    I'll be back [emoji41]

Leave a comment:

• NickFitz
    replied
    No need to leave CUK - it's surprising how many permies there are on here

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• CloudWalker
    started a topic Going back into Perm

Going back into Perm

After many year contracting i've decided to throw in the towel and go back into perm work.
    I've enjoyed contracting but I just don't feel the market is strong anymore and I need job stability.
    In fact this year has been very difficult for me as i've had two contracts collapse due to budget funding.
    I wont miss the London commute as my new job is only 10 min from home but will miss the banter on here.
    If the new job works out i'll close my company down next month.

"hasta la vista"

Working...
X