• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

When the client is not the client

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GB9 View Post
    From what I understand, you are inside the agency regs. You have been introduced, interviewed, offered. The only thing you haven't done is have a quickie with the CEO. Asking you to opt out now should be irrelevant.
    Don't forget the rule is introduction or supply and the agencies are taking that line so in their eyes you can still be asked to opt out. I was reading a resource page on the Lorien site that clearly explained that you go for interview, get the gig and then can opt out. I can't find it to save my life now sadly but anyway, there is no case law and the wording is wooly enough for the agents to think they have a case.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
      Don't forget the rule is introduction or supply and the agencies are taking that line so in their eyes you can still be asked to opt out. I was reading a resource page on the Lorien site that clearly explained that you go for interview, get the gig and then can opt out. I can't find it to save my life now sadly but anyway, there is no case law and the wording is wooly enough for the agents to think they have a case.
      Of course, you can voluntarily opt out at any time.

Unsure whether I would take Lorien as a golden source .
      Agree totally it is all pretty wooly and nothing is proven in case law.
      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Hmmmm, just seen the role has been re-advertised by the agent, guess I have pissed him off
        Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
        I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
          Hmmmm, just seen the role has been re-advertised by the agent, guess I have pissed him off
          Or you've got a better beard.
          'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SimonMac View Post
            Told You So
            merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Told You So
              Ah well, the joy's of contracting, bit pissed off as I turned down other offers for this one, but again the old adage is until your bum's on a seat nothing is certain
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Working...
              X