• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UBS Rate Cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Agent makes 10% out of me per day. Too much to demand that reduce to 5? This is after 2 years.

Comment

Originally posted by heyya99 View Post
      Agent makes 10% out of me per day. Too much to demand that reduce to 5? This is after 2 years.
      It's not really about percentage but more about the cash he makes
      10% of 200 quid is a lot different to 10% of 500. He will have a set figure that it just isn't viable for them to go below so there is a hard stop. In general 10% isn't a bad rate at all and it's very uncommon they'll go down to 5%. But as I say it depends on how much actual cash we are talking and how many contractors they have on site amongst other things.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
        Generally, its take it or walk away "offered" in any case, so a mute point.

Obviously, does not happen for all and individuals can negotiate out also.
        Err...that would be moot
        Blood in your poo

Comment

Originally posted by Sausage Surprise View Post
          Err...that would be moot
          a moo point....

a cow's opinion

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
            a moo point....

a cow's opinion
            a mew point......

a cat's opinion
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              a mew point......

a cat's opinion
              A μ point.......

It's miniscule.

Comment

Working...
              X