• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

UBS Rate Cut

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TestMangler View Post
    They won't have breached. What they will have done is issued a termination as per the contract and offered a new contract on the new terms.

As for walking out, fully agree on that score. Only happened to me twice in 20 years. Left both times and both times was back on a higher rate within 3 months.

I didn't walk out, but what I did do was just carry on, say nothing and leave on the date set out in the agency termination. Both times I got calls the following week asking where I was. When I pointed out to the client that they had terminated my contract, the response both times was 'But you were meant to take the rate cut, you weren't meant to leave'.
    Exactly this.

Done it myself. People very high up think an across the board cut is a good idea. People further down have to manage it. I left at the end of the notice period I was given. Was told I was leaving them in the lurch. I pointed out that they started it.

Comment

UBS boss Andrea Orcel says jobs could be moved from London after Brexit | Business News | News | The Independent

Comment

"At the end of the day they would like to import wealthy people who spend, who earn, who create jobs for their economies into their own centres", said Orcel.

Import wealthy people?
        The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Passporting is 99.9% likely to stay post EU exit too much big money caught up in London financial services. Germany would take a massive financial hit overnight if Passporting was not allowed to remain. All the unelected EU politicians who do not matter are unaware of how much impact Passporting would have if they decide to disrupt it just to punish UK for leaving EU!

Merkel knows the impact she will not allow it to affect German finances so its unlikely to change!!

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
            Passporting is 99.9% likely to stay post EU exit too much big money caught up in London financial services. Germany would take a massive financial hit overnight if Passporting was not allowed to remain. All the unelected EU politicians who do not matter are unaware of how much impact Passporting would have if they decide to disrupt it just to punish UK for leaving EU!

Merkel knows the impact she will not allow it to affect German finances so its unlikely to change!!
            Alternatively they just move all their departments which deal with the Eurozone to the Eurozone, ever considered that?
            Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Alternatively they just move all their departments which deal with the Eurozone to the Eurozone, ever considered that?
              Ever considered UK is by far the most stable country in the EU or out of EU right now........

Comment

Originally posted by uk contractor View Post
                Ever considered UK is by far the most stable country in the EU or out of EU right now........
                Not really, cos it isn't....

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
                  They may do what the other lot are proposing. Move a small number of passport in people into EUroland and leave everyone else as is. Think it was DB proposing that.

Comment

Originally posted by stek View Post
                    Not really, cos it isn't....
                    Yes it is.

Comment

Originally posted by oliverson View Post
                      Yes it is.
                      Not at the moment it isn't and won't be for a while...
                      Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                      X