• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
    Has anyone worked with Sky? If so, do you have an inkling as to which of these agencies might be prime for a role? I've seen the same role advertised with three different recruitment agencies, all with slightly different features (such as location, rate, duration and industry) from which I've deduced that the role is most likely to be with Sky in Osterley. Now I want to know which agency I should actually try to work with!

Pyramid Consulting Europe Ltd
    eTeam Inc
    Templeton & Partners

TIA!
    The eTeam Inc doesn't sound good in the US: https://www.reddit.com/r/recruitingh..._is_not_legit/

Edit: just did a gig search on their site it returned roles from 2022/23.

qh
    Last edited by quackhandle; 28 August 2024, 14:54.
    He had a negative bluety on a quackhandle and was quadraspazzed on a lifeglug.

I look forward to your all knowing and likely sarcastic and unhelpful reply.

Comment

Has anyone worked with Sky? If so, do you have an inkling as to which of these agencies might be prime for a role? I've seen the same role advertised with three different recruitment agencies, all with slightly different features (such as location, rate, duration and industry) from which I've deduced that the role is most likely to be with Sky in Osterley. Now I want to know which agency I should actually try to work with!

eTeam Inc
      Templeton & Partners

TIA!
      Last role sent to me for Sky was December 2020 from Teksystems, a guy called Andreas Kleanthous, and it was outside IR35.

Comment

I've been working in a perm role since April with a few bits and pieces on the side, but old client approached me and asked me to do some full time contract work until the end of the year.

trying to decide if I could juggle both at the same time, but I quite value my sanity so its going to have to be one or the other.

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post
          I've been working in a perm role since April with a few bits and pieces on the side, but old client approached me and asked me to do some full time contract work until the end of the year.

trying to decide if I could juggle both at the same time, but I quite value my sanity so its going to have to be one or the other.
          Sub out the perm job?

Comment

Originally posted by ResistanceFighter View Post

If you did the contract, you'll start 2025 out of work and with a Marxist occupational government determined to destroy what little is left of the economy and most likely in the winter of discontent mk 2. All for 4 months of contract?

If I were you, I would be frank with your old client and say that you don't want to leave your new job in this difficult economic time. However, you could do 2 days a week since you loved working with them (you could make that work right?) They get someone they can rely on and trust, and the project delivered in 8 months rather than 4 (roughly) and you get some more money for Labour to steal! Good luck whatever you decide!

Comment

Originally posted by escapeUK View Post
              a Marxist occupational government
              You're not really keen on democracy are you?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

eTeam Inc
                Templeton & Partners

TIA!
                Sky are one of the firms who are always looking for Scala developers. I have been approached by so many different agents regarding Sky roles I have lost count.

In any case Osterley is a big no for me seeing as I live in east Essex.

Comment

Originally posted by sreed View Post

I've only ever done one PS contract - inside PM role last year at 600pd. No issues with timesheets or pay, and the work environment for me was pretty similar to the big-corp places I've worked at, with the exception of an even higher level of tick-box top-down bureaucratic BS with respect to "hybrid".

Contract extensions were also done very piecemeal (started with 3 months followed by 1 month extensions) and very last minute due to budget issues.

They weren't happy with signing off my customary 4-5 week break over summer, and there was no chance of temporarily working outside the UK (like I'm doing this summer at my current private sector client) so we had to part ways at that point.

As you're on an outside contract, a lot of the above will probably not be relevant to you.
                  Working from outside the UK is not permitted.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post

You're not really keen on democracy are you?
                    If we are calling what we have in our failed country democracy, then no. Definitely not.

Even if you could justify sweeping spiteful leftism based on only 20% of support from voters as being democratic. An unelected second house stuffed with cronies is not democratic. Nor is a hereditary head of state.

But if you want to keep telling yourself that what we have is democracy, go right ahead. Many people need delusions to protect their sanity from the horror of reality.
                    Last edited by escapeUK; 29 August 2024, 11:25.

Comment

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

Sky are one of the firms who are always looking for Scala developers. I have been approached by so many different agents regarding Sky roles I have lost count.

In any case Osterley is a big no for me seeing as I live in east Essex.
                      Dittto. I believe it is also very toxic place to work for and with. Full of 20-30 somethings with crazy power hormones. It is just not commutable north of Watford by public transport in my case.

I had a good idea they were pushing Scala since ThoughtWork 2010, but I'd thought that Sky would have given up and moved to Kotlin programming language, because of the never ending Zeolotry between the TypeLevel and TypeSafe folk. The bin bun fighting ruined the dream I guess.

Comment

Working...
                      X