• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheDude View Post

I don't know what you do but how much do you ecoect to earn.

What entitles you to a better life than everyone else out there that is just getting on with it?
    It is not about my entitlement you ignorant person nor about the English bulldog "get on with it" attitude.
    It's about people acknowledging they are being made slaves by their own government and taking a stand for it.

People should have more meaningful honest conversation and should not be afraid to call in the lies, the deceit.

Human nature does not thrive under slavery, that's why in the US they have the founding principles from the 1700's.

I am managing for now financially wise but I travel to Europe frequently where it is 1/2 the cost to live. I would rather live under a bridge than put up with all the nonsense. I would die also before accepting living a life not worth living.
    It means having courage not like all you sheep.

Comment

I don't know what you do but how much do you ecoect to earn.

What entitles you to a better life than everyone else out there that is just getting on with it?
      he does have a crumb of a point.

The capitalistic social contract is that we all have different sized slices or the pie but we all get more as the pie increases in size. That is no longer happening.

Top 10% of earners might be doing good/OK but their slice hasn't increased with the economy.

A middle earner would've had a reasonable standard of living 20+ years ago, not anymore.

Everyone apart from the 1% are getting poorer rather than richer.

Comment

I don't know what you do but how much do you expect to earn.

He uses bold text.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Imagine GigiBronz as having drunk the entire minibar and it will all make a lot more sense. Incidentally, he probably has.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

It is not about my entitlement you ignorant person nor about the English bulldog "get on with it" attitude.
            It's about people acknowledging they are being made slaves by their own government and taking a stand for it.

People should have more meaningful honest conversation and should not be afraid to call in the lies, the deceit.

Human nature does not thrive under slavery, that's why in the US they have the founding principles from the 1700's.

I am managing for now financially wise but I travel to Europe frequently where it is 1/2 the cost to live. I would rather live under a bridge than put up with all the nonsense. I would die also before accepting living a life not worth living.
            It means having courage not like all you sheep.
            Saying that the US had principles to prevent 'humans not thriving under slavery' is quite ridicuous when the same country enslaved hundreds of thousands of people at the same time.

You need to look up the word slavery in a dictionary, you seem to use it a lot but I don't think you understand what it means.

Comment

£100k job <> slavery. I know plenty of people who'd give their right arm for that salary.

Dear god, the entitlement and lack of perspective is strong in this one.

Comment

Originally posted by edison View Post
                Saying that the US had principles to prevent 'humans not thriving under slavery' is quite ridicuous when the same country enslaved hundreds of thousands of people at the same time.

You need to look up the word slavery in a dictionary, you seem to use it a lot but I don't think you understand what it means.
                He chose the most brain dead example he could... that took some doing, he probably felt smart writing it too.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

£100k job <> slavery. I know plenty of people who'd give their right arm for that salary.

Dear god, the entitlement and lack of perspective is strong in this one.
                  I genuinely pity people who think like that. Private school isn't a necessity y'all.

Comment

Originally posted by Snooky View Post

They are too ignorant for their own existence, 100k could be a good salary in the north. When childcare is 2k, rent 3k and food and most living another 1k, 5.5k net is slavery, excluding student loans, previous wifes etc.

In the past serfs worked to be offered shelter and accommodation, now you get money from your employer just to be able to afford just that.
                    If you are a millennial as myself, housing is out of the question, then what I am working for? Not quite sure I get it.

I have the impression that you forks are not even worth enslaving.

Comment

I am seeing also more complaints about being pushed into the office from 1 day agreed to 2-3 days.
                      Seen a few instances where the staff collectively ignored requests to go back in to the office. Somehow it worked and everyone just carries on as normal.

Comment

Working...
                      X