• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post

is this the chap that wanted weekly payment like a temp?

This is the chap who said weekly payment terms tends to be the norm with most of the bigger suppliers.

I actually said I'd prefer payments being made at certain milestones, but ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Committing to what???
      commuting

Comment

Originally posted by KentDogWalker View Post

commuting
        At the time I'm hearing companies considering closing their offices from October through to April and return to WFH to reduce their heating bills.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

At the time I'm hearing companies considering closing their offices from October through to April and return to WFH to reduce their heating bills.
          wow, any links?

Comment

Originally posted by Robinho View Post
            Just got a nice direct role at a music streaming company.

100% remote and can work from abroad. Which is good as i have a dual citizenship and am now a tax resident of a country with no income tax.

Very pleased. Angular 10 too which i've long wanted to get commercial experience on.

Flexible hours too.
            angular 10, I wish that was a meme

Comment

Currently working on a few potentials and hearing some corker lines from agents

"Client should be making a decision on Friday so don't take any more interviews"

"Client only wants people who've opted out of the 2003 regulations to be sent over (for Inside work)"

"We'd have a contract with you this afternoon but a few of the contracts team are away, anyway cancel any other interviews"

I remember the days when I used to accept all of these in good faith. Scumbags.

I'm going to be disappointing a few people this week but they're all agencies who wanted someone 'yesterday' but now taking 3 weeks to get to second stage interview, but yet still somehow expecting loyalty and exclusivity.
              ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Bulltulip agent behaviour. Once upon a time, you could have a mutually beneficial conversation with an agent, and he/ she would take time to go through their network/ demand pipeline/ client list and see what they could find that matched your profile/ rate expectations. And if it didn't work out this time, maybe it would next time.

Jobserve is heavily criticised for fictitious roles/ low rates, but I found most of my roles there. Often not the role that I applied for, but another opportunity either unadvertised or with a different client through the same agency.
                ‘His body, his mind and his soul are his capital, and his task in life is to invest it favourably to make a profit of himself.’ (Erich Fromm, ‘The Sane Society’, Routledge, 1991, p.138)

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
                  Currently working on a few potentials and hearing some corker lines from agents

"Client should be making a decision on Friday so don't take any more interviews"

"Client only wants people who've opted out of the 2003 regulations to be sent over (for Inside work)"

"We'd have a contract with you this afternoon but a few of the contracts team are away, anyway cancel any other interviews"

I remember the days when I used to accept all of these in good faith. Scumbags.

I'm going to be disappointing a few people this week but they're all agencies who wanted someone 'yesterday' but now taking 3 weeks to get to second stage interview, but yet still somehow expecting loyalty and exclusivity.
                  I've had plenty of this too, as well as not hearing again after the video interviews I mentioned. They could have clients that are genuinely moving slowly because of the school holidays, but they can't expect people to wait. In other news I've now trimmed my CV as a few people suggested and reworded a few things to see if that makes any difference to the outcomes I'm having in general. Fingers crossed, and hope one of your second stage meetings come through.

Comment

Originally posted by DitchTheBox View Post

I've had plenty of this too, as well as not hearing again after the video interviews I mentioned. They could have clients that are genuinely moving slowly because of the school holidays, but they can't expect people to wait. In other news I've now trimmed my CV as a few people suggested and reworded a few things to see if that makes any difference to the outcomes I'm having in general. Fingers crossed, and hope one of your second stage meetings come through.
                    one page cv is all you need, make you look more organised

Comment

Less contracts than all year on CWJobs

Comment

Working...
                      X