• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigLadFromBeeston666 View Post
    Sitting on £700 p/d Outside until April. Really can't complain.

Actually, I can. Hays are the intermediary at the moment and are absolutely shocking.

Meant to be self-billing paid weekly. Some weeks completely missed, others arrive late.

First time in my contract life I've thought about taking a pimp to court. For now sending chaser emails every other day will have to suffice...

LONG LIVE THE BULL MARKET!
    In my experience Hays are generally one of the better large nationwide agencies but I've had multiple problems with timesheets and self-billing invoices since they implemented a new system about a year ago. The most annoying is seemingly random deductions of days from invoices. I had to spend two hours last week trying to reconcile invoices against my timesheets and still haven't quite sorted it.

Comment

Market is a hell of a lot better than I thought... I was expecting a Jan start then suddently got 3 interviews on decent rates all outside IR35. Got an offer the same day and then started the following day.

Not quite £700/day but I think it's enough to feed the family with.....

Comment

Originally posted by NorthWestPerm2Contr View Post
        Market is a hell of a lot better than I thought... I was expecting a Jan start then suddently got 3 interviews on decent rates all outside IR35. Got an offer the same day and then started the following day.

Not quite £700/day but I think it's enough to feed the family with.....
        Talking about your rate.. How crass.
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post

Talking about your rate.. How crass.
          To clarify I was referencing the post that mentioned £700/day.... unfortunately rate is a fair bit below that. Hopefully we can keep the heating on through the winter though.

Comment

Originally posted by PerfectStorm View Post
            I've got to say - it's great to hear opportunities coming in, and 9/10 outside of IR35.

I think we possibly got what we wanted - the companies stopped taking the easy advice of the 'consultants' and actually made their roles outside of IR35, in name and in spirit. Everybody wins.
            been testing the waters, market seems quiet atm, I'm just gonna site tight in my current Outsite ir35 role that feeds the family

Comment

Having initially been told I was being kicked out just before Christmas like an employee of Better.com I have been extended to the end of March. Then I will be *definitely* finishing this gig (after two years!!).

Scanning the daily outside IR35 jobs list from offpayroll, there's been some interesting stuff coming up lately. I hope that continues.

Comment

I've got to say - it's great to hear opportunities coming in, and 9/10 outside of IR35.

I think we possibly got what we wanted - the companies stopped taking the easy advice of the 'consultants' and actually made their roles outside of IR35, in name and in spirit. Everybody wins.
                should be a bounce for the market in Jan I think

Comment

nothing happened in 4 days?

Comment

This is the busiest I've seen it for a while.

I applied for 5 or 6 roles which I liked the look of, and have been offered roles for 4 of them with one interview for a 5th.

Only issue is letting people down (agents have feelings too apparently).

Comment

what role/tech is it?

Comment

Working...
                      X