• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

State of the Market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice one Edison on the boom!

Chaps, as much as i respect some of your posts the IR35 calculation battles on this thread are tedious

And my maths is crap and so i can’t keep up.

i actually got emailed about a role that pays £13 ph today to work on a call centre helpdesk if that’s any indication of the market.

I also have desperate pimps trying to offload senior IR35 caught roles at duff rates that nobody else wants to do.

Comment

Originally posted by _V_ View Post

So basically this is already outsourced to one of the many HP Indian IT suppliers and they are running this to tick some boxes before someone on a work permit arrives. Nice one HP.
      One would have thought that by now Home office would have cottoned on this ongoing fraud but it seems they are implicit on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy2 View Post

One would have thought that by now Home office would have cottoned on this ongoing fraud but it seems they are implicit on this.
        Why? £130 a day exactly matches the annual salary required to bring someone in from India. They are just being blunt about it.
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

Why? £130 a day exactly matches the annual salary required to bring someone in from India. They are just being blunt about it.
          co-op seems to be offering £25ph and £50pd to show up and drive a lory. Well how the tables have turned...

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

co-op seems to be offering £25ph and £50pd to show up and drive a lory. Well how the tables have turned...

What's that got to do with the HP contract I was talking about...

Comment

Incidentally, I was reading that a lot of lorry drivers were effected by the changed to IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post

What's that got to do with the HP contract I was talking about...
                To be frank I think I am posting those out of spite now…

Ironically, if we look at the 3 pillars of IR35: substitution, direction and control and MOO, it is arguably easier to tick those boxes with a standardised role as a lory driver - you drive the lory how you likeit. when you like, as long as it goes from A to B. Fines are on you and also the risk of accident is insured entirely by insurance company so as long as your substitute has valid driving license, substitution is fair game.

It makes you really question the motives behind IR35.

Comment

Originally posted by GigiBronz View Post

To be frank I think I am posting those out of spite now…

Ironically, if we look at the 3 pillars of IR35: substitution, direction and control and MOO, it is arguably easier to tick those boxes with a standardised role as a lory driver - you drive the lory how you likeit. when you like, as long as it goes from A to B. Fines are on you and also the risk of accident is insured entirely by insurance company so as long as your substitute has valid driving license, substitution is fair game.

It makes you really question the motives behind IR35.
                  Ownership of the vehicle and the insurance overrides that.

If you own (or lease) the vehicle yourself it's easy to be outside IR35, otherwise it's very difficult to be outside.

Comment

Anyone else think the market is starting to heat up again

Best I have seen it for a long tine at the minute for dev roles (when comparing offers, phone calls, interview requests etc to previous times)

Comment

Originally posted by JohnM View Post
                      Anyone else think the market is starting to heat up again

Best I have seen it for a long tine at the minute for dev roles (when comparing offers, phone calls, interview requests etc to previous times)
                      I have been getting a couple of prods from agents with roles. I am not looking and have not been a contractor for several years so I did not chase them up.
                      "He's actually ripped" - Jared Padalecki

https://youtu.be/l-PUnsCL590?list=PL...dNeCyi9a&t=615

Comment

Working...
                      X